Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

7 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Maybe a reach.. But didn't want to risk him falling more. Maybe he would have as he wasn't listed on the Draft chart.

But really like his potential and want see what he does in the Sim and at price of his tag i love him going forward. 

Plus i think Ruskie might of had his eyes on him. 

@bucsfan333 pick bby.

Huge reach. He had 8 sacks and wasnt a highly touted prospect. Hes going to be poop in the sim.

14 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Maybe a reach.. But didn't want to risk him falling more. Maybe he would have as he wasn't listed on the Draft chart.

But really like his potential and want see what he does in the Sim and at price of his tag i love him going forward. 

Plus i think Ruskie might of had his eyes on him. 

@bucsfan333 pick bby.

No lie, I did.

I nearly pulled the trigger on him when I had my second 4th. I actually went back to sleep after my Trumaine Johnson pick thinking I might have to take a gamble on Lawson.

But I decided to wait, mostly because 1. I still have too many holes I need to fill, 2. Lawson might have had good pressures and sacks, but only 15 total tackles, and 3. He's coming off his rookie year and I can get more impact out of starters.

I basically talked myself out of considering him today, and decided that if he somehow went unnoticed into the 11th, I'd use a double pick to get him with one of them.

But if I had an opening at DE, I would have taken the gamble already. Being set at DL this season just wouldn't be proper draft resource usage.

9 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Huge reach. He had 8 sacks and wasnt a highly touted prospect. Hes going to be poop in the sim.

IMO I think that speaks more about how much you scout than he does about his abilities.

His pass rush was never a question. Injury concerns caused him to slide.

I don't disagree with him probably being poop these next two seasons. But I think the guy could be a legit pass rusher picking up double digit sack totals on the regular.

20 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

The same people who think Carl Lawson is a typical 4th round prospect are probably the same that think Justin Houston deserved to be taken in the 3rd (Note: He didn't).

Lawson wasnt considered a 1st round talent, Houston was. I had the same thoughts though, noticed he wasnt listed and decided Id take him in round 8 or 9 if he fell.

6 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Lawson wasnt considered a 1st round talent, Houston was. I had the same thoughts though, noticed he wasnt listed and decided Id take him in round 8 or 9 if he fell.

He tore his ACL to miss his sophomore season and played only half of his junior year due to injuries. He was 1st round talent with day 3 injury concerns. Which, to be fair, are more worrisome than Justin Houston's failed test, though as we've seen in the NFL time and again, it's hard to fix stupid. For every successful Houston, there's an Aldon Smith, Josh Gordon, Johnny Manziel.

34 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

The same people who think Carl Lawson is a typical 4th round prospect are probably the same that think Justin Houston deserved to be taken in the 3rd (Note: He didn't).

I remember a lot of sources had Lawson as a 1st/early 2nd round pick for quite some time. 

8 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I honestly think you miss interpret the whole thing. Wasn’t that serious tbh. Something was lost during the translation to trigger you. 

I don't think anything was lost - you tried to play me and i told you i was finished w you