Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

4 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Linder was the best C in the draft by a wide margin IMO.

He wasn’t good in the sim last season, and he got nerfed more for missing 3 more games. His full nerf is going to be about 3%.

IRL production, sure you can argue that he was the best C in the draft. But sim production with that nerf? I don’t see how he’s better than Kelce, Hudson, or a couple others who haven’t been drafted yet.

5 minutes ago, iPwn said:

He wasn’t good in the sim last season, and he got nerfed more for missing 3 more games. His full nerf is going to be about 3%.

IRL production, sure you can argue that he was the best C in the draft. But sim production with that nerf? I don’t see how he’s better than Kelce, Hudson, or a couple others who haven’t been drafted yet.

I dont think thats how the nerf works based on what Nacho says, and he has 3 good seasons under his belt now so he should absolutely be better than he was last year. Definitely better than Hudson IMO.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

I dont think thats how the nerf works based on what Nacho says, and he has 3 good seasons under his belt now so he should absolutely be better than he was last year. Definitely better than Hudson IMO.

What isn’t how the nerf works? He’s missed 18 games over the three seasons that will be used to calculate his grade.

He also isn’t going to have three good seasons of reference for the sim. You’re getting his 2015 where he played 3 games (and like 3 snaps in one of those), his 2016 and 2017. You lost his 2014, which wasn’t much different from his 2017 and gained a nerf percentage for the extra games missed this year.

Maybe Im misunderstanding you, but it seemed like you were saying he loses 1% for every game missed this year, which isnt true. I think the nerf maxes out at 6% or Im misunderstanding Nacho.

Im also not sure how much a season he played 3 games in is going to effect his rating but Im not sure. He still graded out as a top 7 C this year, and a top 5 C last year. Wouldnt make any sense for him to not be a top end C in the sim considering 75% of his rating is coming from two great seasons...

5 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

13 games missed 2015, 2 games missed 2016, 3 games missed 2017. That's a total of 18 games fam. IIRC, Nacho said each game missed is 0.25% nerf.

Also disagree with the bolded. But that's all right if you feel that way. Linder had 4 pressures allowed, Hudson had 3, so pass blocking they were the top 2 players at center in 2018.

Rodney Hudson [16 GS]: 19 pancakes, 8 sacks allowed, 11 stuffs allowed.
Rodney Hudson [16 GS]: 17 pancakes, 10 sacks allowed, 6 stuffs allowed, 1 recovery.

Brandon Linder [16 GS]: 23 pancakes, 8 sacks allowed, 13 stuffs allowed.
Brandon Linder [16 GS]: 16 pancakes, 5 sacks allowed, 21 stuffs allowed.

Though to be noted, that 21 stuffs season he played at guard.

Linder isn't a bad player, but it is basically a personal preference between the two IMO.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

And if youre saying his nerf for ALL of his missed games is only 3%...Im okay with that, thats literally nothing.

That's kinda a big amount actually. A player dropping from (hypothetical) 90 to 87 is a decent dropoff.

I don't remember exactly what the ranges Nacho said are for the elites, goods, rookies, etc. I'll have to do some digging in the old threads. But yeah, 3% is a hefty drop.