Jump to content
Leader

NFL News & Notes

Recommended Posts

Just now, packfanfb said:

DL class is weak though. Hate to be pigeonholed into taking a DL early solely because of need. A plug and play vet is the better option this year.

Honestly, I was hoping we'd do both. I'm wondering if we're waiting for someone to get cut.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Joe said:

Honestly, I was hoping we'd do both. I'm wondering if we're waiting for someone to get cut.

 

Probably the case or at least for the compensatory pick period to expire. That's a great deal for Harris though especially when considering what some other guys are getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kenrik said:

Darn.....

Im almost 100% positive Gute didnt feel Harris was an upgrade on Lowry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Im almost 100% positive Gute didnt feel Harris was an upgrade on Lowry.

I feel like the coaches didnt identify him as a target because he's not lengthy eniugh for Pettine's style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Norm said:

I like that dude. That's an easy answer for anyone but he just is dead honest most of the time. The way he talked about Winston cracked me up too. Just doesn't give a ****. 

Arians is exactly what I'd be as a coach...except much more accomplished than I'd be cuz I'd probably get fired after year one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

DL class is weak though. Hate to be pigeonholed into taking a DL early solely because of need. A plug and play vet is the better option this year.

Training camp cuts, homie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kenrik said:

I feel like the coaches didnt identify him as a target because he's not lengthy eniugh for Pettine's style.

Probably not ideal but I feel like he could be a grab if they really felt they were desperate in the room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Derek Wolfe or bust 

I feel like the office is so much higher on Lowry and the Depth than we are. So many reasonable contracts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HighCalebR said:

I feel like the office is so much higher on Lowry and the Depth than we are. So many reasonable contracts.

Welp. We all know the definition of insanity...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Welp. We all know the definition of insanity...

So hard to watch Kenny destroy a rep just to be undone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HighCalebR said:

So hard to watch Kenny destroy a rep just to be undone.

I'm gonna hold out hope that they do what they did a few years ago with Wilkerson. Wait until a vet gets cut after camp. I know that's not ideal but it's what we do.

I just don't understand extending a 36 year old QB if we're going to take the same approach we've always taken. Either **** or get off the pot. We're neither in nor out with this approach. Just status quo in Upper Wisconsin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I feel like the office is so much higher on Lowry and the Depth than we are. So many reasonable contracts.

This is my fear. Not so much Lowry who could bounce back but I think they're still trying to polish Adams but layer after layer he's still a turd...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This is my fear. Not so much Lowry who could bounce back but I think they're still trying to polish Adams but layer after layer he's still a turd...

I'm starting to believe that Adams is the type of player Pettine wants: a pure pass rusher with a questionable anchor in the run game because the defense is solely built to stop the pass, which is why I'm starting to think that Blacklock at 30 is realistic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×