NFL News & Notes

Leader

15 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

That was my assumption too, but I do wonder how they would know that. I guess they don't need geo location or anything if they just compare the time the bet was placed with the times the player was at the facilities, which they probably have a register for, but it's still kinda sketchy. If that's the case, I also fail to see how this rule makes any sense like Incog said. What a player does on their phone over their own data connection shouldn't have anything to do with where they do it, just whether it's legal or not.

there are lots of things that are legal that you cant do while you are on the internet at work

Edited by HokieHigh
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yes. We know. We agree. That's not the issue here.

Packer_ESP: What a player does on their phone over their own data connection shouldn't have anything to do with where they do it, just whether it's legal or not.

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It is like I hire you to your dream job, give you twice your asking pay, and one of the caveats is don't wear a yellow hat to work on Wednesdays.  Yet you choose to wear a yellow hat next Wednesday.

Exactly right. It is what it is. Should be easy to accommodate the rule....but some folks are just stupid.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Packer_ESP: What a player does on their phone over their own data connection shouldn't have anything to do with where they do it, just whether it's legal or not.

"On their own data connection"

vs

Employers network

The former should have no restrictions. The latter can have whatever restrictions the employer wants...but then should be blocking unapproved sites from even being accessed.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

"On their own data connection"

vs

Employers network

The former should have no restrictions. The latter can have whatever restrictions the employer wants...but then should be blocking unapproved sites from even being accessed.

'on the internet at work' doesn't mean on the work's network, but i see the confusion.

the former also has rules

However, federal rules prohibit employees from gambling while on duty, or while on government-owned or leased property, even if it’s just spending a few bucks on a friendly office bracket.

• Like 2

Greg Auman
@gregauman

Alex McGough and Jace Sternberger are quite a connection tonight -- 25-yard touchdown for a 21-0 Birmingham lead on Memphis just before halftime. Sternberger already with 123 receiving yards on four catches, McGough up to 197 with 2 TDs

Will he make his way back to the NFL?

16 hours ago, Leader said:

Exactly right. It is what it is. Should be easy to accommodate the rule....but some folks are just stupid.

I'll reserve judgement on the "stupid" part until I know exactly what Jameson did to trigger the suspension.  If I understand the rule correctly, Jameson could be serving this 6 game suspension because be placed a bet on an NCAA basketball game on his personal phone from the parking lot of the Lions practice facility.  It just seems like an absurd rule.

49 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'll reserve judgement on the "stupid" part until I know exactly what Jameson did to trigger the suspension.  If I understand the rule correctly, Jameson could be serving this 6 game suspension because be placed a bet on an NCAA basketball game on his personal phone from the parking lot of the Lions practice facility.  It just seems like an absurd rule.

We can banter about this till the cows come home and it makes absolutely no difference.

Was he inside the facility?
Was he just outside the door - but still on WiFi?
Was he in the parking lot, in his car, pulling out of the parking lot - but STILL on WiFi?

Turn on DATA fool. If you simply cant control yourself for a while longer.....connect to the nearest cell tower.

As stated: It is what it is. What it is - is a rule. Which in my estimation should be really, really easy to abide by:

1. If you're ANYONE associated with (or paid by) an NFL organization - dont bet on NFL games. Anywhere. At any time. 
2. If you want to sports gamble - do it ANYWHERE but an NFL facility - and it's STRONGLY RECOMMENDED you get to that anywhere before the irresistible, overpowering urge to place a sports bet overcomes your senses.

And your life will go on....undisturbed.

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

Cowboys - 6
Bengals - 6
Commanders - 5
Seahawks - 5
Cardinals - 4
Bills - 4
49ers - 3
Jaguars - 3
Ravens - 2
Panthers - 2
Titans - 2
Browns - 1
Jets - 1
Eagles - 1
Bears - 0

This is mind blowing. Feels impossible in the modern NFL for the bears to have NEVER had a 4000 yard passer.

The others are odd too. Like, just looked it up and Donovan McNabb never had a 4000 yard season. I feel like I just take them for granted (or granite) based on our superlative QB play over my lifetime.

Edited by Sandy

6 minutes ago, Sandy said:

This is mind blowing. Feels impossible in the modern NFL for the bears to have NEVER had a 4000 yard passer.

The others are odd too. Like, just looked it up and Donovan McNabb never had a 4000 yard season. I feel like I just take them for granted (or granite) based on our superlative QB play over my lifetime.

The team that stood out to me was SF.......who've had a lot of success for having so many "small armed" QBs.

• Like 1