NFL News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Do the Jets dangle their 2025 1st for Adams?

I doubt it. Adams want to be on the west coast. He wants to stay with his family. That’s was a big factor. Being far away from Cali and the winters started getting to Adams apparently.

10 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Idk what is more insane, that davante thought he could change raiders draft culture or that he thought speaking out to the media would be helpful at all. 

How is that related to the Raiders draft culture?

41 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

If they dont see eye to eye, presumably he wanted some differences in teammates? You have a different read?

I think it is 100% scheme related, HC wants to spread the ball around more now that Carr is gone, and Adams still wants his 180 targets a season. 

11 hours ago, Green19 said:

I doubt it. Adams want to be on the west coast. He wants to stay with his family. That’s was a big factor. Being far away from Cali and the winters started getting to Adams apparently.

I think there was also some resentment about Adams being perceived as "he was only good because of his quarterback".  So if he does force his way out of Vegas to go to a contender, it's probably not going to be with that guy.  He just seems concerned that the Raiders do not appear to be a team seriously attempting to contend for a championship.

4 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

If they dont see eye to eye, presumably he wanted some differences in teammates? You have a different read?

Seems pretty obvious he went there to play with his best friend and then they chased Carr out. Not surprised he's  unhappy with that. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Fantasy football quarterbacks are a lot different than the top 10 quarterbacks. Running QBs tend to score more points in fantasy. Fields, Watson and Tue are not in the top 10 by anybody who is serious about rankings of QBs.

Edited by Old Guy

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

Jim Brown passed away today.  Absolutely one of the greatest to ever carry the rock and continued his greatness off of the field.  

I remember him in his head to head (literally) match ups with Ray Nitschke. Those were the days! Then later in the "Dirty Dozen." Old WWII flick. 

• Like 1