NFL News & Notes

Leader

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

I have a feeling that Love and the Packers are going to surprise a lot of fans and talking heads this season. Love seems to have the respect and backing from his teammates. Question will be the defense. I haven't been this excited for a season in a long time.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

I have a feeling that Love and the Packers are going to surprise a lot of fans and talking heads this season. Love seems to have the respect and backing from his teammates. Question will be the defense. I haven't been this excited for a season in a long time.

As Packer fans, we just can't expect Love to be prime MVP Rodgers out there(we have been insanely spoiled over these past 15 or whatever seasons). I'm confident we will see flashes of brilliance but there is going to be some growing pains. 

If Joe Barry gets his head out of his ***, our defense will be top 10.

Who is overlooking the Bills?  That is like the Chiefs claiming people doubted them because three or 4 people picked the Bills or Bengals above them.  

I don't know if the AFC North is that predictable.  The only result that would surprise me would be Bengals in last.  I guess I could be sleeping on the Steelers, but I could hear an argument for them winning that division or finishing last, and neither would be a great shocker.  Perhaps it is because I don't believe in baby hands Pickett.

I also don't know who is sleeping on the Saints.  Between Jameis and Carr, they will have a good QB to go to.  They have a formidable 3 WRs in Chris Olave, AT Perry, and the 3 games that Michael Thomas will play before they have a pretty good set of role players to pick up that slack.  They just signed Jamaal Williams to team up with Kamara.  And their defense is still good.  I think they walk right through the NFCS, really with no problem.  The Saints may be the surest playoff team besides the Chiefs. 

And the Packers will fare as well as Jordan Love.  If you think he is going to stink, you probably aren't confident in the Packers.  If you think he is going to be good, you should think the Packers will do well.  Part of the sleeping on the Packers is that the Vikings won the division, and the Lions won the Super Bowl* in both of the last two seasons.  So the Packers are seen as inferior at this point, which is justified.

*Stat Padford SBs count for Detroit.  And still being able to make the playoffs in week 15 is a banner worthy accomplishment for the Lions.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Who is overlooking the Bills? 

I think the Bill's have been relegated to "Oh yeah......then there's the Bills...and maybe Miami." Everybody's stumbling all over themselves to go all in on the Jets.

7 hours ago, Green19 said:

People are overlooking the bills because Stefan Diggs is in control there haha. Man is he getting all of them to fall in line haha.

Good for him. Get the HC running around and the QB apologizing.

Diggs is probably my favorite non-Packer/former Packer in the league. So glad he's not in Minny anymore so I can actually root for him. 

18 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think there's a real chance this Bills team has peaked.  I'm not saying that they won't win a championship, but I don't think this year's squad is going to be as good as the one two years ago, and the NFL is structured to make it hard to stay on top.

They recently gave him a big, fat extension too. Good luck with that. 

11 hours ago, Sandy said:

Diggs is probably my favorite non-Packer/former Packer in the league. So glad he's not in Minny anymore so I can actually root for him. 

He seems to me to be heading in the Antonio Brown direction, without the mental illness. 

BTW, Antonio Browns football team just got kicked out of some league. LOL

Albany Empire, owned by Antonio Brown, kicked out of arena league - ESPN

Edited by Old Guy

14 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Ray Lewis 3 dying is sad because I no longer want to make fun of his dad for being involved in a murder.

Any reports how he died? HIs younger brother talked about him not having to live in the pain he was in any longer. 

If the report is true that Rodgers declined a trade to the Patriots, dude just wiped away any shot he had of cementing his legacy.

The Patriots would have gone 20-0 with Rodgers at QB. If he played two years, it’s two Super Bowls. Everybody would say for the next 40 years that if Rodgers had played for Belichick his whole career, he’d have had 10 rings.

Packers dodged a bullet there. Every coach who ever coached Rodgers would have been seen as a failure. Each GM would have been seen as a failure.

Holy friggin cow, Batman. Rodgers chose fun over legacy.

I don't think I would want to sign on to be part of that Patriots offense.  if Rodgers didn't like the options he had last year, I don't see why he'd be happy with the Pats.

Since like the only offensive position you'd say the Pats are clearly better than the Packers is probably TE (since our guys are rooks) and maybe 1 or 2 OL.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1