NFL News & Notes

Leader

21 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Not as much front-loading room as you might think. We have a lot of dead cap for Rodgers this year and I believe next year as well. 

I thought we put all of Rodgers on this year. Wasn't that why Gute said it was a win for the Jets and Packers. If they cut Bak I think they have a decent amount next year.

27 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I thought we put all of Rodgers on this year. Wasn't that why Gute said it was a win for the Jets and Packers. If they cut Bak I think they have a decent amount next year.

Looks correct, however; we only have 27 million in cap space for next year right now. This according to over the cap. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

Im a fan of getting a DC who was good enough to get promoted to HC,  got thrown off the coaching carousel but still wants to coach defense. Quinn in Dallas is looking good. Capers brought us several years of magic before the years of pain. In a dreamworld, Saleh gets canned and comes to coach with his old friend here in GB. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

Im a fan of getting a DC who was good enough to get promoted to HC,  got thrown off the coaching carousel but still wants to coach defense. Quinn in Dallas is looking good. Capers brought us several years of magic before the years of pain. In a dreamworld, Saleh gets canned and comes to coach with his old friend here in GB. 

All part of Rodger's long term plan.  His public bad-mouthing of Gute/Murphy was nothing more than a ruse to trigger the move to the Jets so he can sabotage their season and get Saleh fired, all while maximizing the value of GB's trade compensation.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Bak's number for next year is like $41m.  Something will be done about that.

Yeah I think a big win was taking all of Aaron's cap hit this year. While I'm no cap expert it seems like we are going to be in a good place starting next year, and yes, Bak's release helps it. 

14 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Bak's number for next year is like $41m.  Something will be done about that.

He'll be traded to the Jets after playing all 17 games and being named all pro. Jets OL will be their downfall and Rodgers frustration will be known. Bakh for a 2024 2nd and 2025 1st.

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

For the record, I have no idea what is going to be done with Bakhtiari in 2024.  I just know that cutting him, the method of last resort, buys you $20m in cap space.

Bakh,if healthy, is way to valuable to cut. He'll be traded before he's cut. Someone will give up premium draft capital for a top LT on a discount