NFL News & Notes

Leader

Evero led the Panthers’ fourth-ranked total defense despite Carolina’s NFL-worst offense.

Good example of how stats can say whatever you want them to say.

CAR defense was #25 by DVOA (#17 Pass, #32 Rush)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

CHI keeping Fields and Eberflus while trading #1 overall and firing the offensive staff would be so Bears.

I dont see them passing up a QB at pick #1 - or maybe - they trade back, pickup up capital, but not outside the range of the top QBs coming out of college.

The interesting question for me is what they do with / get for Fields.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

So the Flus not cut loose but Getsy to the Jetsy?

Who knows but Getsy did solid work for us as an offensive assistant. If there is a role for him here, I’d have him back and due to age we might need another QB coach in a year or two. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Refugee said:

So the Flus not cut loose but Getsy to the Jetsy?

Who knows but Getsy did solid work for us as an offensive assistant. If there is a role for him here, I’d have him back and due to age we might need another QB coach in a year or two. 

anyone MLF trusts in the building to do real work with the offense is a plus for me.  Don't think he trusts Stenavich with the real game planning/scheme stuff like he might with Getsy.

This is a guy I would love to bring back in some capacity, unlike hackett.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

As much as he annoys me, I give PC a lot of credit. The run he made in Seattle was a very good one and his energy is incredible for a guy his age. That age is advanced and I’m happy he will step back at the very least.  Hope we kick Quinn’s or whoever’s *** next year, though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Good example of how stats can say whatever you want them to say.

CAR defense was #25 by DVOA (#17 Pass, #32 Rush)

I was going to say, it’s easy to play defense when the other team can let off the gas by halftime weekly because the offense has no hope (unless Joe Barry).