NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Williams regressed last year while Kingbury worked with him at USC.  That may very well be a factor in why CHI didn't work out.

Oh...it was last year that he worked with him? Didnt know that.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Williams regressed last year while Kingbury worked with him at USC.  That may very well be a factor in why CHI didn't work out.

No he didn't. His efficiency numbers were as good or better. He had his best completion percentage, YPA, and passer rating last year.

He just threw the ball ~3/4s as much.  He went from 500 attempts to 388. 

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

No he didn't. His efficiency numbers were as good or better. He had his best completion percentage, YPA, and passer rating last year.

He just threw the ball ~3/4s as much.  He went from 500 attempts to 388. 

The media told me he regressed.  They wouldn't lie to me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Raiders pivoting from Kingsbury to Getsy for OC.  Does it even matter which of those clowns was hired?

Now they need to complete the circus and trade for Fields to come to LV

• Like 1

And now the Chargers are going to show you what I already know.

Best head coaching hire this cycle and perhaps their best decision at head coach since I’ve been watching football.

If they didn’t have an established QB, I’d say it was a mistake. Harbaugh and Herbert with the talent on that defense… The Chargers won’t Charger anymore. This is going to be similar to the Lions getting Campbell. It’s going to completely change their image and their expectations.

On 2/4/2024 at 11:20 AM, MacReady said:

And now the Chargers are going to show you what I already know.

Best head coaching hire this cycle and perhaps their best decision at head coach since I’ve been watching football.

If they didn’t have an established QB, I’d say it was a mistake. Harbaugh and Herbert with the talent on that defense… The Chargers won’t Charger anymore. This is going to be similar to the Lions getting Campbell. It’s going to completely change their image and their expectations.

While some Lions fans might argue this - have the Lions truly arrived, if you will? Reason I ask this question is they'll now be drafting and building a roster with a late round pick each round rather than Top 10. And on top of it all the success they've had as of late will result in players getting poached to other teams for more money elsewhere. Short term success does not always equal long term stability/success. I will say they look to be on the right path. 

1 minute ago, Zing said:

While some Lions fans might argue this - have the Lions truly arrived, if you will? Reason I ask this question is they'll now be drafting and building a roster with a late round pick each round rather than Top 10. And on top of it all the success they've had as of late will result in players getting poached to other teams for more money elsewhere. Short term success does not always equal long term stability/success. I will say they look to be on the right path. 

Dropping down the the draft ranks...paying a few more players extensions....and the inevitable injury(ies) will take then down a notch.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Dropping down the the draft ranks...paying a few more players extensions....and the inevitable injury(ies) will take then down a notch.

And they will be looking for a QB soon enough. Plus Dan Campbell is great but he is also reckless. Its a live by the sword die by the sword mentality. So the Lions pulling a Lions is still on the table its just a different point in the season.

1 hour ago, Zing said:

Yes. Even if the Lions miss the playoffs next year, Campbell completely turned expectations around for that team.

He’s changed their culture.

He’s changed their expectations.

They just had their first playoff win in 30 years. He has made Detroit a place players and coaches would want to play for. He proved they can be turned around, they can have success. From now for at least the next decade, the Lions would be able to entice a strong head coaching candidate, not just one that couldn’t get the position anywhere else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

And they will be looking for a QB soon enough. Plus Dan Campbell is great but he is also reckless. Its a live by the sword die by the sword mentality. So the Lions pulling a Lions is still on the table its just a different point in the season.

I think people forget Goff will still only be 29 at the start of next season. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I think people forget Goff will still only be 29 at the start of next season. 

I will laugh if they pay Goff. Right now he's cheap for them, but I don't see him as anything more than "solid"