NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -  Nine-time Pro-Bowl QB and former Super-Bowl champ Russell Wilson plans to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Wilson will sign a team-friendly, one-year deal in which the Broncos will wind up paying $38 million of his salary while Wilson wears the black and yellow.

Bobby Layne comes to Pittsburgh, take two.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -  Nine-time Pro-Bowl QB and former Super-Bowl champ Russell Wilson plans to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Wilson will sign a team-friendly, one-year deal in which the Broncos will wind up paying $38 million of his salary while Wilson wears the black and yellow.

No player in the NFL I enjoy rooting against more than Russell Wilson. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What a terribly run organization. I’m convinced Tomlin is more concerned with his winning season streak than actually trying to field a team that’ll compete 

I’m not sure how this will work out, but how are those two things unrelated? 

26 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I’m not sure how this will work out, but how are those two things unrelated? 

There are plenty of teams who are in it , but not real contenders. Imo it’s . Not good enough to compete for a title , not bad enough to rebuild. The worst position you can be in. 

Albert Breer -   2 things left on cutting room floor:

• Bunch of WRs (NE's DeVante Parker, Dallas' Michael Gallup, Pittsburgh's Diontae Johnson) remain on the trade block, with free agency approaching.

• Rams' deal at $16M APY for Kevin Dotson shocked other teams. OL will get paid today.

Adam Schefter -   Bengals franchise WR Tee Higgins has requested a trade, per sources. Higgins loves Cincinnati and hoped to be with the team long term, but is disappointed that the team has not had any talks about a long-term contract extension since March 2023. He’s ready to move on to a new home.

29 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

There are plenty of teams who are in it , but not real contenders. Imo it’s . Not good enough to compete for a title , not bad enough to rebuild. The worst position you can be in. 

Well, yes but that’s because it’s really damn hard to win it all. There is a point where you have to prioritize the future over the now but every team and coach has an obligation to win and few coaches/GMs have the luxury to rebuild and keep their jobs.

Saying the Steelers are a poorly run organization doesn’t ring true.  They’ve been consistently good with some teams who I would argue could contend until their QB situation fell apart. It might be time for Tomlin to move on soon but him providing stability at the top has kept them in the playoffs more years than not. Once you get there, you hope to catch fire. I don’t know what they will accomplish with Russ but it will be on the cheap with a former SB winner, probably better than their QB situation last year. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

No player in the NFL I enjoy rooting against more than Russell Wilson. 

I hated Seattle Russell Wilson.  But I LOVED Denver Russell Wilson.  "Bronco's Country!  Let's Ride!"  LOL.  I will be a big fan if he has some kind of corny Pittsburgh catchphrase.  Like, "made of steel!" or "forging ahead!"

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I hated Seattle Russell Wilson.  But I LOVED Denver Russell Wilson.  "Bronco's Country!  Let's Ride!"  LOL.  I will be a big fan if he has some kind of corny Pittsburgh catchphrase.  Like, "made of steel!" or "forging ahead!"

Oh, you know it’s coming. I liked him coming out because he got Wisconsin playing some pretty fun football. He was even fun to watch in Seattle with his mobility and arm strength but everytime I’d see in interview it was hard to not feel like this guy was the teacher’s pet, and complete tool. If they start winning, everyone will be fine but he’s not the guy that can capture attention of most of the locker room. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Well, yes but that’s because it’s really damn hard to win it all. There is a point where you have to prioritize the future over the now but every team and coach has an obligation to win and few coaches/GMs have the luxury to rebuild and keep their jobs.

Saying the Steelers are a poorly run organization doesn’t ring true.  They’ve been consistently good with some teams who I would argue could contend until their QB situation fell apart. It might be time for Tomlin to move on soon but him providing stability at the top has kept them in the playoffs more years than not. Once you get there, you hope to catch fire. I don’t know what they will accomplish with Russ but it will be on the cheap with a former SB winner, probably better than their QB situation last year. 

Right but as I said , there are playoff contenders and there are SB contenders . Did you give Pitt much of a chance this year? Of course not. 

It is poorly run, because they’re content with mediocrity. Mike Tomlin hasn’t won a playoff game in 8 years, because they haven’t taken their medicine and fully commit to a rebuild. 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Halfway up the ladder is better than being at the bottom - you only have half as far to climb, to get to the top.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It will start out fine but there will be a lockeroom implosion in Pittsburgh.  Pittsburgh is a blue collar town and Wilson lives in a ivory tower.  The Steelers were in the bottom 5 in the NFLPA survey.  The fakeness of Wilson will only last so long in a place like that.

41 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

31 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Oh, you know it’s coming. I liked him coming out because he got Wisconsin playing some pretty fun football. He was even fun to watch in Seattle with his mobility and arm strength but everytime I’d see in interview it was hard to not feel like this guy was the teacher’s pet, and complete tool. If they start winning, everyone will be fine but he’s not the guy that can capture attention of most of the locker room. 

The guy is 100% counterfeit! Complete fraud of a human being. His ex-teammates in Seattle can't stand him. Richard Sherman and at least one other player (who I can't remember his name) spoke about how they don't have his phone number and if they want to talk to him, they have to go through his agent and schedule a time.

Broncos GM, "Broncos country, let's ride, this clown out of town!" 

Guy is garbage!  

Edited by Old Guy