NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Lodestar said:

Wilkins is the same age as Kenny Clark FYI, for anyone trying to price out an extension.

Kenny has his eye on this stuff according to his social media.  I don't think he's going to get it in GB, but wouldn't be surprised if he does.

4 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Wilkins is the same age as Kenny Clark FYI, for anyone trying to price out an extension.

I would definitely consider franchise tagging K. Clark next off-season and then trading him for a day-2 pick.

It would be wise of Gutey to draft a DT this year, to take over in 2025 as KC's replacement.

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Wilkins to the Raiders is good for GB. Keep him from improving an NFC team.

I had two wishes for Wilkins.  #1 sign in GB #2 sign anywhere but NFC North.   Raiders is the best landing spot for us I could imagine outside of #1

Just now, packfanfb said:

Lol, these WR deals...

It's why Gutey should continually draft WRs to keep the payroll low in that room. Extend the superstars after their rookie deal (Ex. Davante), let the rest go in free agency. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dust247 said:

It's right around the type of money most Packer fans would want Gute to spend on a safety. 

We'll see how the rest of the safety markets plays out. 

GB fans have been pretty focused on McKinney, and McKinney is getting much more than 3Y/20M with 12.5M guaranteed.

7 minutes ago, dust247 said:

I would definitely consider franchise tagging K. Clark next off-season and then trading him for a day-2 pick.

It would be wise of Gutey to draft a DT this year, to take over in 2025 as KC's replacement.

Yeah .. good point.  We could go Byron Murphy or Jer'Zahn Newton at #25 and feel pretty good about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dust247 said:

It's why Gutey should continually draft WRs to keep the payroll low in that room. Extend the superstars after their rookie deal (Ex. Davante), let the rest go in free agency. 

I just don't want Love to develop the bad habit of locking onto his superstar.  A willingness to spread the ball around is a big part of what makes the MLF offense work.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

GB fans have been pretty focused on McKinney, and McKinney is getting much more than 3Y/20M with 12.5M guaranteed.

I think most realize that signing McKinney is a pipedream.

If it's not McKinney, we should be in the $6/7M per year range with someone else.

I would be interested in McKinney around $12-13M per year, range, which isn't likely to happen. 

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. good point.  We could go Byron Murphy or Jer'Zahn Newton at #25 and feel pretty good about it.

Exactly. Going DT in round 1 isn't a sexy pick, especially if that pick wouldn't start right away, but it could give the Packers some flexibility after 2024. 

1 minute ago, dust247 said:

I think most realize that signing McKinney is a pipedream.

If it's not McKinney, we should be in the $6/7M per year range with someone else.

I would be interested in McKinney around $12-13M per year, range, which isn't likely to happen. 

I agree that McKinney seems like a pipe dream.

I do not agree that most GB fans realize it.

3 minutes ago, dust247 said:

Exactly. Going DT in round 1 isn't a sexy pick, especially if that pick wouldn't start right away, but it could give the Packers some flexibility after 2024. 

Packers often draft with future implications in mind, so it wouldn't be a shock.  I do think the Packers should be all about bolstering their Oline and Dline.