NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -  The 49ers reportedly were ready to send WR Brandon Aiyuk to the Browns for Amari Cooper, a second-round pick, and a fifth-round pick -- but Aiyuk put the kibosh on the deal.

The more I see of this stuff, and I have zero inside info or pulse on the 49ers at all, it seems to me that Aiyuk wants to be the highest paid WR, but wants to also be on the 49ers.

• Like 2

Watched some of the Eagles game. They had a long drive to get the score and their line looked physical all game. These were obviously mostly 2nd stringers but they definitely hang their offensive hat on a strong OLine. We will have to be stout up front week one in Brazil. They interviewed their 3rd year guard who will be moving into starting center. I guess that was his natural position coming out but they bumped him over with Kelce holding down the middle. Hope he’s terrible, especially on the road in foreign environments. 

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Save it for the playoffs.  Joking aside, I hope he makes his comeback to make a roster. He never panned out for us here and injuries ate him up. 

He is a definite "what if" player.  He seemed like a pretty mellow, cool dude.  And was pretty good when he was healthy.  He just wasn't healthy very often.  I wonder how often he played when other guys wouldn't have, because sometimes it was pretty obvious that he was less than 100%.  Just bad luck on his end.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The more I see of this stuff, and I have zero inside info or pulse on the 49ers at all, it seems to me that Aiyuk wants to be the highest paid WR, but wants to also be on the 49ers.

Or Washington where his buddy from ASU is now the QB. 

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Think how Cooper must feel. "I'm going to the Niners?!? Pack my bags....oh...wait" :(

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Pretty soon Lambeau's gonna be one of the few/only cold weather sites where the weather actually plays a factor in the game.

Totally agree with the exception of warm weather places but the biggest factor should be the field. How many studies do they need for real vs fake grass and injuries before it's taken seriously. I mean sure rehabbing is fun when you're paid 20 mil a year but those injuries cut your playing life down and teams don't want to risk it for guys. Just stupid, do domes sure but get real grass in there. 

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Pretty soon Lambeau's gonna be one of the few/only cold weather sites where the weather actually plays a factor in the game.

That could be an issue for us. The league could force us to build a dome or face some severe consequences. 

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Really, the only player on the Eagles we can be confident is good in the Southern Hemisphere is Mailata.

Pretty sure their coach sucks no matter what side of the equator. 

I wonder how much truth there is to this

Why Rodgers was upset by Packers coach Mike McCarthy during his most devastating defeat, the 2014 NFC Championship Game collapse at Seattle. Rodgers wanted to call six plays he had seem on film that "seemed indefensible" when Dallas beat the Seahawks in the regular season. One veteran Packers player said Rodgers "wanted those plays called over and over against Seattle, and McCarthy called only a few of them one time each."

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

That could be an issue for us. The league could force us to build a dome or face some severe consequences. 

I think BUF has plans to build a new stadium...or renovate the one they have...not sure - but, they're not putting a dome or roof on it. Still....the number of cold weather teams that actually play in the elements...is dwindling.

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I wonder how much truth there is to this

So much blame to go around in that 2014 game.  I'm sure Rodgers wanted to do things he thought would work.  But why would McCarthy choose not to do something that would work? Nobody sabotaged anything.  The team had a bad day, and it still took a miracle to defeat them.  Sometimes that happens.

• Like 1