NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I think Fields is going to beat our Russell Wilson and it has nothing to do with Fields playing well, because he's not. 

It's very strange that Russell Wilson basically tanked his relationship with the Seahawks because he wanted more of an opportunity to cement his hall of fame case, and in doing this has basically played his way out of the HoF entirely.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It's very strange that Russell Wilson basically tanked his relationship with the Seahawks because he wanted more of an opportunity to cement his hall of fame case, and in doing this has basically played his way out of the HoF entirely.

I don't think he's a good teammate either. Richard Sherman said on a podcast that in order for him to reach Wilson, he had to set an appointment. He couldn't just pick up the phone and call him. 

I had him pegged a fraud from day one, and he never disappointed me. 

If he managed to get into the HOF, I actually wonder if any of his teammates would show up for the ceremony. He's like the quarterback on, 'Draft Day!" 

Edited by Old Guy

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I think Fields is going to beat out Russell Wilson and it has nothing to do with Fields playing well, because he's not. 

Between the QB situation and bringing in Arthur Smith to run the offense, PIT will not be a pretty team to watch this season.  Pickens will be making more headlines when he doesn't see the ball enough, and he'll have a valid point.

I get that ATL won't be playing Penix ahead of Cousins once the real games start.  That is totally logical.  But now they are holding Penix out of pre-season games?  Saying they saw everything they needed to see from Penix in week 1 makes no sense to me.  Bringing the guy along slowly makes perfect sense, but wth?

After playing a full quarter in Week 1, Penix didn't see the field Saturday

Edited by Mazrimiv

29 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Return kickoff to 35... get one first down.. fg. This is the modern nfl

The DAL kicker definitely has a 70 yard kick in him.  Probably a little more.  But now that I think about it more, the chance of a dangerous return is probably higher your guy making the kick.  I assume it will need to be end of game rather than end of half for someone to try breaking the record.

Sucks for fans of the team. I remember what it was like with Bret Hundley as starter for HALF a season. I wonder if Raiders had plans that blew up in their face to draft a QB last year. They had the 13th pick and the top 6 QB's went in the top 12 picks. Probably didn't anticipate Falcons drafting a QB. 

• Like 1

I know it was his choice to go to Vegas, but a guy as confident and competitive as Davante, it must eat him alive to spend his final years wasting away knowing his team has zero shot at winning the Super Bowl. I suspect we'll be hearing a lot of noise in-season about him getting traded to a contender.

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

I know it was his choice to go to Vegas, but a guy as confident and competitive as Davante, it must eat him alive to spend his final years wasting away knowing his team has zero shot at winning the Super Bowl. I suspect we'll be hearing a lot of noise in-season about him getting traded to a contender.

Could Buffalo take on his salary?

otherwise…

Chiefs. No

Dolphins. No

49ers. No

Jets. No

Cowboys. No

Packers. No

Eagles. No

Tampa. No

Bengals. No

Ravens. No

Lions?

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Sucks for fans of the team. I remember what it was like with Bret Hundley as starter for HALF a season. I wonder if Raiders had plans that blew up in their face to draft a QB last year. They had the 13th pick and the top 6 QB's went in the top 12 picks. Probably didn't anticipate Falcons drafting a QB. 

A logical person might think that but dysfunctional team does dysfunctional things. But who knows maybe they thought they could trade up? Maybe they thought their guy would be there? Or they’re positioning themselves for the top pick in 2026