NFL News & Notes

Leader

20 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

I think he probably has legal rights here, and the litigation will work in his favour. Doesn't make him a good person.  

If this is legit and it does appear to be so ... how does Cook not get suspended for this?  Considering what Adrian Peterson "got" for his actions, this is just as bad if not worse.  WOW!

I'm just spitballing here, but my initial impression is that she was scared immediately afterward. Perhaps by him, perhaps by her own legal culpability in the situation. But over time has come to realize that she is almost certainly the agrieved party and has now filed suit.

I also suspect she, out of fear or greed or both, very possibly tried to extort Cook. 

Likely elements of truth to both sides.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Damn. Those pics dont jive with the "she broke in and kicked my ***" story the Cook folks were putting out.

Neither do the apology messages from him asking her not to turn him in, saying he wouldn't blame her and he was willing to face the consequences for what he did. I guess that only lasted until she spoke up.

1 minute ago, BAM said:

Neither do the apology messages from him asking her not to turn him in, saying he wouldn't blame her and he was willing to face the consequences for what he did. I guess that only lasted until she spoke up.

Yep, both reactions by him align with self-preservation instincts in both situations.

3 minutes ago, BAM said:

What's the connection here? I've not been following this story. Who are these people to each other?

Cook wasnt alone when this all went down. Is the woman pictured above an old (current?) GF and he was messing around with someone else? Was it one of those things?

I'm always curious why in situations like this if the more powerful party offers it is called negotiating a settlement, but when it's the seeming victim it's labeled extortion. 

I know the answer - a common PR move by agents and lawyers, but question those in the media that play along and those who consume it swallowing it as truth.

The actual evidence is pretty damning

3 minutes ago, BAM said:

I'm always curious why in situations like this if the more powerful party offers it is called negotiating a settlement, but when it's the seeming victim it's labeled extortion. 

I know the answer - a common PR move by agents and lawyers, but question those in the media that play along and those who consume it swallowing it as truth.

The actual evidence is pretty damning

Well, extortion has the element of a threat. If the "more powerful" (read: guilty) party offers a settlement it is the tacit admission of guilt and quite the opposite of a threat.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

What's the connection here? I've not been following this story. Who are these people to each other?

Cook wasnt alone when this all went down. Is the woman pictured above an old (current?) GF and he was messing around with someone else? Was it one of those things?

Story sounds like the woman who filed the suit was an ex who traveled (flew) to Cook's residence and obtained entry via a garage door opener she had previously gained possession of against his permission or knowledge.

And then, after she got inside, it's a black hole of he said/she said of what happened.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm just spitballing here, but my initial impression is that she was scared immediately afterward. Perhaps by him, perhaps by her own legal culpability in the situation. But over time has come to realize that she is almost certainly the agrieved party and has now filed suit.

I also suspect she, out of fear or greed or both, very possibly tried to extort Cook. 

Likely elements of truth to both sides.

He easily could have called the police on her. Throw the book at him.

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Story sounds like the woman who filed the suit was an ex who traveled (flew) to Cook's residence and obtained entry via a garage door opener she had previously gained possession of against his permission or knowledge.

And then, after she got inside, it's a black hole of he said/she said of what happened.

Unless she threatens to imminently use a weapon there is no reason she ends up physically damaged from that altercation.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Antwan V. Staley -   Matt Rhule says the Panthers are ready to explore" any and all options" at the quarterback position.

Any and all options? I mean tebow won a playoff game with the position label quarterback.

If any and all… then why not sign him!!!

• Like 1