Landy traded to the Browns for two picks

Rgossett07

This is going to be fascinating to watch play out.

We do not often see a player with this much control and leverage because of his teams current cap situation.

I am not sure how this even looks. If Landry says I want to play for the Bears and he negotiates a deal with the Bears and the Bears offer a 4th and 5th round pick, less than the Dolphins want, what do they do?

They say no to the cap, Landry's tag number cripples them in free agency.

21 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Thats about the price to get the guy they want.

If they need to get to 3 to take Baker Mayfield, they need to adjust their sights on someone else.  I'm not opposed to taking Mayfield if everyone is sold on him, but don't make him the entire draft.

Just now, hrubes20 said:

If they need to get to 3 to take Baker Mayfield, they need to adjust their sights on someone else.  I'm not opposed to taking Mayfield if everyone is sold on him, but don't make him the entire draft.

Might be wise what you say but what I think the Dolphins organization will do is the opposite and invest heavily in Mayfield.

Have the entire Dolphins front office,and Mr. Ross, ever went to dinner with a prospect before? When I heard of the wine and dine, I knew right away that Miami is dead serious about Baker. When I watch tape of Mayfield, the name Drew Brees keeps popping up. The kid just doesn't have an ounce of quit in him. And unlike Johnny, who I personally met on an elevator and was one of the most full of himself people I have ever met, Baker seems to be the opposite. The rumors of Tannehill not being liked, him being kind of elitist, came from somewhere. My point is you don't waste a chance at landing a once in a lifetime player. Sometimes you have to trust your gut. Going up to get Baker can change the course of this franchise. The same can't be said of many other positions.

On 2/28/2018 at 11:59 AM, DoleINGout said:

Landry to Baltimore for pick 52.

Miami trades up to 3 with Colts to select Mayfield, giving Indy picks 11, 42, & 52.

1 hour ago, ericsvibe said:

Have the entire Dolphins front office,and Mr. Ross, ever went to dinner with a prospect before? When I heard of the wine and dine, I knew right away that Miami is dead serious about Baker. When I watch tape of Mayfield, the name Drew Brees keeps popping up. The kid just doesn't have an ounce of quit in him. And unlike Johnny, who I personally met on an elevator and was one of the most full of himself people I have ever met, Baker seems to be the opposite. The rumors of Tannehill not being liked, him being kind of elitist, came from somewhere. My point is you don't waste a chance at landing a once in a lifetime player. Sometimes you have to trust your gut. Going up to get Baker can change the course of this franchise. The same can't be said of many other positions.

Like I said... I think this will be the scenario.

Landry is willing to sign the franchise tag - a necessary step before he can be traded - and that’s expected to happen soon.

Landry’s agent, Damarius Bilbo, and the Dolphins met Wednesday in Indianapolis, and the Dolphins informed Bilbo that they would not be making a longterm contract offer to Landry at this time, if at all.

22 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Might be wise what you say but what I think the Dolphins organization will do is the opposite and invest heavily in Mayfield.

Certainly possible.  But man would that be a big gamble.

15 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

It could also just be them vetting him as much as possible.  The guy has had some trouble with johnny law and there are loads of personality questions with him.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Yeah, Miko Grimes.

QFT.

49ers just won the coin toss for the 9th overall pick. Even after taking a $37 mil 2018 cap hit for Garropallo the 9ers still have over $63 mil in cap space available.  Given their cap space and QB combined with drafting in front of the raiders, they could be a possible trade partner, involving the number 11 pick and Landry to draft LB Roqoun Smith.

Im sure we have our sights set on a bigger trade, but I’m doubtful that bigger trade goes down successfully.

1 minute ago, Swampbilly said:

49ers just won the doing toss for the 9th overall pick. Even after taking a $37 mil 2018 cap hit for Garropallo the 9ers still have over $63 mil in cap space available.  Given their cap space and QB combined with drafting in front of the raiders, they could be a possible trade partner to draft LB Roqoun Smith.

Im sure we have our sights set on a bigger trade, but I’m doubtful that bigger trade goes down successfully.

Definitely.  Landry and the Niners are a really good fit.

So far, the 49ers have not been listed as one of the teams that is interested in Landry. Right now, the Browns, Bears, and Ravens are the teams that have supposedly contacted Landry. Landry is in a unique position, he is going to get to determine where he plays.

10 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

Given their cap space and QB combined with drafting in front of the raiders, they could be a possible trade partner, involving the number 11 pick and Landry to draft LB Roqoun Smith.

That would value Landry as a very late 3rd.

I want Smith badly so I'd be okay with that if it meant the difference between drafting Smith and missing out on him at #11.

6 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

That would value Landry as a very late 3rd.

I want Smith badly so I'd be okay with that if it meant the difference between drafting Smith and missing out on him at #11.

I agree.  I’m not sure it will play out that way, just speculating of course.  I think Landry’s value to other teams will be a third rounder at best given his salary demands.  That being said, I also think Landry is more talented than any receiver in this draft, so it’s hard to say.

21 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Is there any concern in Miami that Robinson and Watkins will detract from the Landry market? Things seem to be cooling from what was a busyish combine.

I think it's much moreso that we aren't hearing anything new because there is nothing new to report.  

Archived