OC Johnny Morton is OUT; Jeremy Bates hired per Schefter

Bianconero

12 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't know if I like this or not. I'm just hoping that it works out. This might be a sign that Hack is ready to move up the ladder with his QB coach. I can see the jets drafting a QB in the top 3 rounds. If Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield fall they will pick one at 6. If they don't fall look for the jets to grab Falk, Rudolph type guy in the 2nd or 3rd round. I think they stay away from Allen because he is almost like Hack. The jets will open the season with McCown, Hack and Rookie. Bates and Bowles will let all three battle it out and see who wins. I still think Hack is the guy they want to win the battle. I think he has improved and they are trying really hard not to throw him out there and destroy his career. Moving Bates to the OC will make it easier for Hack who has been beat down by the media since he was drafted. 

I would like to believe that you are right about Hack, but I don't know. It was Jeremy Bates who made the comment of the Jets not being a Triple-A team when asked about promoting Hackenberg. He also said they will play the best players. Meaning the organization thought Petty was better than Hack.

Cussing Eagles for advancing to SB.  Jets should have waited patiently.

Having Bates in charge of offense would make Darnold, Allen and Mayfield more attractive for top pick.  Follow Allen and Mayfield during the Senior Bowl week carefully.  Lamar Jackson could be an ideal if he was available in 2nd round.  Rosen is likely out for Jets.

Bates should hire Rick Dennison as qb coach and Brian Callahan as OL coach.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Cussing Eagles for advancing to SB.  Jets should have waited patiently.

Having Bates in charge of offense would make Darnold, Allen and Mayfield more attractive for top pick.  Follow Allen and Mayfield during the Senior Bowl week carefully.  Lamar Jackson could be an ideal if he was available in 2nd round.  Rosen is likely out for Jets.

Bates should hire Rick Dennison as qb coach and Brian Callahan as OL coach.

Why? They probably got a feeling DeFilippo wasn’t going to take the job and why would he? He’s going to have other OC offers, possibly even HC.

Albright is already tweeting about how the Jets will now target Josh Allen.. lmao

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m torn on this. Obviously I hope he’s a good coordinator, but fact is he has no experience. And the part that really worries me, is that Bowles likes him. Bowles is clueless on offense and wouldn’t know a good offensive mind if it was right in front of him. We better hope this guy is the next Hackett or something bc he haven’t had a good offense in like 13yrs.

He was the OC for the Broncos in 08 and Seattle for a Few years, they were 3rd in the league in passing in 08 under him with BMarsh and Cutler

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m torn on this. Obviously I hope he’s a good coordinator, but fact is he has no experience. And the part that really worries me, is that Bowles likes him. Bowles is clueless on offense and wouldn’t know a good offensive mind if it was right in front of him. We better hope this guy is the next Hackett or something bc he haven’t had a good offense in like 13yrs.

Bates actually has experience as an OC. He was OC when Jay Cutler had his only probowl season and was also OC for Pete Carroll in Seattle for a year. 

2 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Bates actually has experience as an OC. He was OC when Jay Cutler had his only probowl season and was also OC for Pete Carroll in Seattle for a year. 

I know he and Carroll parted ways due to “philosophical” differences.. I wonder what they were?

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

I know he and Carroll parted ways due to “philosophical” differences.. I wonder what they were?

This would be interesting to know. Bates went to Seattle with him from USC. And after a year, he fired him. That doesn't add up. 

6 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Why? They probably got a feeling DeFilippo wasn’t going to take the job and why would he? He’s going to have other OC offers, possibly even HC.

Albright is already tweeting about how the Jets will now target Josh Allen.. lmao

Bates is under contract so Jets are not going anywhere. They can wait until the official result is made for DeFilippo.  Whatever, we move on.

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

While that's cool, that  was also a decade ago =\

Sometimes when you take a step away from something you've been immersed in, you can come back refreshed and improved. He had a lot of time to reflect and is probably rejuvenated. 

Just now, Dr.O said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we move back to a more Zone based running scheme under Bates, could mean we move on from Carpenter this offseason.

Carpenter and Winters may be out in no time but it is all depending on who is OL coach.  It is OL coach's responsible to make OL blocking work. After that, OC draws up the right plays.  That could mean we won't see 100 percent Shanahan offense next year. 75-85 percent to start off with that incumbent line.

Archived