Who is the better QB?

mission27

Better QB  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better QB?

• Lefty Tom Brady
    • Righty Blake Bortles

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

There are worse QBs than Bortles.  He isn't great at all, but he's capable of scoring points for his team.

He's also capable of scoring points for the other team, but worse have won superbowls.

Outside of zombie peyton there hasn't been a worse QB to win a SB.

12 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Turned the ball over more, didn't score as much.

Eh sort of but the league has changed so much in the past 20 years in terms of rules, schemes, etc. that the numbers aren't really comparable.  Dilfer in 2000 was 20th in the league in passer rating.  Bortles in 2017 was 20th in the league in passer rating.  Both guys were/are definitely below average but not the worst QB in the league.  I'd say they are comparable albeit at different points in their career.  

8 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Eh sort of but the league has changed so much in the past 20 years in terms of rules, schemes, etc. that the numbers aren't really comparable.  Dilfer in 2000 was 20th in the league in passer rating.  Bortles in 2017 was 20th in the league in passer rating.  Both guys were/are definitely below average but not the worst QB in the league.  I'd say they are comparable albeit at different points in their career.  

Couldn't have said it better myself, though I will admit Bortles has the potential to have a much better career if he actually follows up this season with a good season (that isn't filled with garbage time stats)

1 minute ago, OleXmad said:

Couldn't have said it better myself, though I will admit Bortles has the potential to have a much better career if he actually follows up this season with a good season (that isn't filled with garbage time stats)

Yep, Bortles is definitely more talented than Dilfer but people forget by the time Dilfer played in the Super Bowl he'd been to a Pro Bowl and been a solid QB for a few years.  Its not like he was Brock Osweiler or something.

7 hours ago, mission27 said:

At best, it's close, and regardless that means that in the past 20 years Blake isn't definitely the worse QB to win a Super Bowl.  

On 19/01/2018 at 3:32 AM, Jlowe22 said:

There are worse QBs than Bortles.  He isn't great at all, but he's capable of scoring points for his team.

He's also capable of scoring points for the other team, but worse have won superbowls.

Nope he is the 70th ranked QB in the league.

Brady throwing with his left arm vs. Bortles throwing with his right arm?  Give me Bortles.  Neither of these QB's can complete many passes, but at least Bortles could gain some yardage on the ground.  Brady is the GOAT, but he's no Michael Vick when it comes to running with the ball in his hands.

Archived