Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

The Minnesota Gophers football team is hosting their annual “Summer Splash” recruiting event this weekend, where they host a couple dozen recruits on campus at the same time, and make the entire weekend a showcase for why a high school kid would want to go to school at the University of Minnesota and play football for PJ Fleck and the Gophers.

The festivities include players who are already committed, along with all of Minnesota’s top targets who have yet to make a decision. Per usual, the weekend has been littered with commitments. The first came on Friday, prior to the recruiting party even getting started.

On Sunday morning, Fleck added more commits. One of them, Bradley Martino (GA), falls in as the highest-rated recruit in Minnesota’s 2025 class, so far, behind only 247Sports 89-overall QB Jackson Kollack.

Bradley Martino has D1 talent as a cornerback. According to Ryan Burns (247Sports), however, the Gophers plan for him to play wide receiver.

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/minnesota-gophers-recruiting-news-2025-bradley-martino/

On 6/7/2024 at 4:22 PM, wcblack34 said:

There was. To varying degrees of success. Probably saved thousands of Allied lives. I believe there was something like 12 or 13,000 planes supporting the invasion. 

I just listened to the American History Hit podcast episode on the Project Neptune part of the D-Day Assault.  It was very good. 

https://embed.acast.com/$/62c7fb2a7acf3900129dffa7/america-at-d-day?

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 9:16 AM, wcblack34 said:

Another PJ Fleck “strong recruiting class”!!! This should lead to a birth in the Samuel L. Jackson United Airlines Snakes on a Plane Bowl!!’

Joke aside, I think we all know how great of a recruiter Fleck is...now if he could only improve the actual game-day coaching.  For as great a recruiter he is, he gets remarkably about the same results every year.  As great a recruiter as he has been, they should have gotten at least one conference championship appearance by now...but, the game-day coaching has kept that from them. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Joke aside, I think we all know how great of a recruiter Fleck is...now if he could only improve the actual game-day coaching.  For as great a recruiter he is, he gets remarkably about the same results every year.  As great a recruiter as he has been, they should have gotten at least one conference championship appearance by now...but, the game-day coaching has kept that from them. 

Oh yes. I absolutely agree. He has peaked as a coach. He is not improved. Unfortunately, the gophers just aren’t going to get anyone better. I wish he would bring someone in as an assistant head coach type.

20 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Fleck needs to find coordinators who will take the program to the next level. 

And despite his recruiting ability, he still has not recruited a worthwhile QB. 

Agreed.  We'll have to see what this Brosmer kid can do...otherwise, it's been awfully unimpressive. Former Gopher Annexstad is a UDFA in Tampa Bay, former recruit Brennan Armstrong has tried out for a couple of teams this year (KC and Jacksonville)...otherwise, it's been a pretty abysmal record. 

16 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Everyone in the Twins organization should be fired for that uniform. Hideous would be a compliment. 

I think that one is more on MLB than the Twins. MLB is giving all the teams a "city" uniform. I'm not sure that any of them have been good thus far.

Twins with a good win against a bad Rockies team. After another rough patch with the Yankees and then the Pirates somehow. But Lewis with another HR and Paddock with a nice outing. The Twins either seem to be win 7 in a row or lose 7 in a row.

• Like 1

The WNBA has released a report saying...

• Attendance is up 156% from last year, and more than half of all WNBA games this year have been sellouts.

• About 400,000 fans have attended WNBA games this season, filling WNBA arenas to 94% capacity.

• This year's televised games (ABC, ESPN, etc.) are averaging 1.32 million viewers, nearly triple last season's average of 462,000.

• WNBA Countdown is averaging 741,000 viewers, a 211% increase from last year's full season average.

• The WNBA's online merchandise store has already set a single-season sales record (with 4+ months left in the season), and sales are up 756% compared to last year.

• The WNBA's social channels garnered 157 million video views through the first week of the season, an all-time high and up 380% compared to last year.

• The WNBA set an all-time high for League Pass subscriptions last month with a 355% increase vs. last season.

how are the Lynx doing?

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

how are the Lynx doing?

I think they're doing alright. As I've understood, they've played pretty well while not being anywhere close to what they were in their run.  They're not an elite team, but they can compete.

• Like 1