Monster Hunter: World

showtime

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

How noticeable is the Legiana drop rate set bonus? Thinking about crafting it. 

No clue, I didn't even bother looking at Legiana's armor before.  Looking online it seems like the bonus is definitely noticeable.

My weapon of choice lately has been the Barroth Club from the sword and shield tree. There's something extra satisfying about essentially using a baseball bat to sever a monster's tail. 

Trying to farm up the Royal Rose because I really want a poison SNS and I'm pretty sure it's better than the Pukei one, looks cooler at least, but Rathian never drops spikes for me. Need 7 more and he(or she I think?) seems to only drop 1 per fight. 

Edited by skywindO2

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

My weapon of choice lately has been the Barroth Club from the sword and shield tree. There's something extra satisfying about essentially using a baseball bat to sever a monster's tail. 

Trying to farm up the Royal Rose because I really want a poison SNS and I'm pretty sure it's better than the Pukei one, looks cooler at least, but Rathian never drops spikes for me. Need 7 more and he(or she I think?) seems to only drop 1 per fight. 

I have the Royal Rose.  I had to kill a ton of them to get the spikes.  They will drop, just takes a while.  Capturing gives more rewards, do that if you can, but you are probably looking at quite a few hunts.

Lately I have been going for the two or three monster quests, it adds an interesting dynamic.  I have one that is hunt Deviljho, Great Jagras, and Blue Rathalos, it is a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I have the Royal Rose.  I had to kill a ton of them to get the spikes.  They will drop, just takes a while.  Capturing gives more rewards, do that if you can, but you are probably looking at quite a few hunts.

Yeah, I'm averaging one drop per hunt. I'm not sure if I'm consistently breaking the back but I'm always severing the tail which is supposed to increase the drop rate. Luckily I already have the gem.

57 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Yeah, I'm averaging one drop per hunt. I'm not sure if I'm consistently breaking the back but I'm always severing the tail which is supposed to increase the drop rate. Luckily I already have the gem.

From what I recall, 1 or 2 is all you will ever get.  I did have a few where I got zero.

30 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I tried the double tempered Bazel quest last night and got it pretty easily. They seemed to want to kill each other more than they wanted to kill me. Unfortunately I didn't check the limited bounties beforehand so it didn't count toward it. :( 

That sucks.  Did you use melee or ranged?  I had to swap to bow because I kept getting accidentally blown up as the pods can 1-shot you if you aren't careful.

28 minutes ago, Raves said:

That sucks.  Did you use melee or ranged?  I had to swap to bow because I kept getting accidentally blown up as the pods can 1-shot you if you aren't careful.

Melee, still getting work done with the sword and shield. Those bombs are scary, not sure if it was just luck on my part but the few I hit left me with a sliver of health. My one faint was because I accidentally climbed up a wall and got stuck on the vines. I always mess up the jump controls, they feel so inconsistent to me. Not too bummed out about having to kill a few more Bazels though. After all the hunts he's interrupted, and poo pods I've wasted on him, I'm up for some revenge. 

I've changed up my armor since doing finishing off Xeno'Jiiva and I really miss not having speed eating. Thinking about switching up and getting the speed eating charm. 

23 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Melee, still getting work done with the sword and shield. Those bombs are scary, not sure if it was just luck on my part but the few I hit left me with a sliver of health. My one faint was because I accidentally climbed up a wall and got stuck on the vines. I always mess up the jump controls, they feel so inconsistent to me. Not too bummed out about having to kill a few more Bazels though. After all the hunts he's interrupted, and poo pods I've wasted on him, I'm up for some revenge. 

I've changed up my armor since doing finishing off Xeno'Jiiva and I really miss not having speed eating. Thinking about switching up and getting the speed eating charm. 

I was using the Odo set with the Eye Patch so I was enjoying the speed sharpening, now I've swapped to Nergi helm, waist, and legs, the barbarian looking chest with 2 Atk, and Teostra gloves which gives me a damage increase but at the cost of being able to randomly sharpen my sword in the middle of battle without worrying about being attacked.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I finally ran into a douchey player on this game.  I could see that he was talking, so I put in my mic so I could hear.  He gets all super serious and even kicks someone that gets killed.  So I start tossing down traps and hitting circle at Bazel just to blow up, then heal and blow up again, because it is funny took a while to die, but I finally did and he kicked me.  LOL.  I don't know about you guys, but I play games to have fun.  This dude went all Wings of Redemption on everyone.  No way the game is enjoyable.