Monster Hunter: World

showtime

27 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Took all my nullberries and nearly all 50 minutes but I beat Vaal Hazaak last night for my first of the three elder dragons. Jerk didn't drop the pieces I needed to finish my Pukei hammer though.

It seems the assignment tasks have crappy rewards.  Now yhat you beat him look to do the invest for more loot

If you aren't resistant to Vaal Hazaak, use the immunity mantle.  It will shield you for 3 minutes.  Not enough to kill him, but it will help to not waste as many heals.  Also, the area it stays in most of the time has a few nullberry plants in it.  Source: I had to farm the hell out of Vaal Hazaak for the equipment that I wanted.

As for Anjanath, I still think it is more difficult than some of the later monsters.  I'd put it ahead of everything in both the Coral Highlands, and Rotten Vale, and all but the Diablos in the Wildspire Waste.

5 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

If you aren't resistant to Vaal Hazaak, use the immunity mantle.  It will shield you for 3 minutes.  Not enough to kill him, but it will help to not waste as many heals.  Also, the area it stays in most of the time has a few nullberry plants in it.  Source: I had to farm the hell out of Vaal Hazaak for the equipment that I wanted.

As for Anjanath, I still think it is more difficult than some of the later monsters.  I'd put it ahead of everything in both the Coral Highlands, and Rotten Vale, and all but the Diablos in the Wildspire Waste.

You get the Hazak Grosser?  I skipped that and went strait for the Xeno Cypher in longswords.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

You get the Hazak Grosser?  I skipped that and went strait for the Xeno Cypher in longswords.

I got the armor.  I have all pieces except the head, I use the skull head because I like it, I used it back in MH1.  With the Hazaak set I (slowly) regenerate health.  I had the armor of the final monster, it is pretty cool, but I really like the life regen.  

I also look a lot like Skeletor.

I just looked at all of the armor sets because I wanted to know the name of the other armor that I had, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone, BUT there is a "Brigade" set... you can get a pimp hat!  

1 minute ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I got the armor.  I have all pieces except the head, I use the skull head because I like it, I used it back in MH1.  With the Hazaak set I (slowly) regenerate health.  I had the armor of the final monster, it is pretty cool, but I really like the life regen.  

I also look a lot like Skeletor.

I just looked at all of the armor sets because I wanted to know the name of the other armor that I had, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone, BUT there is a "Brigade" set... you can get a pimp hat!  

I think i saw that one.  I'm running Odo 4 piece with the eye patch and Xeno longsword.  Pretty good damage though I'll probably look to swap things around if i can hte lucky with some decorations

7 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I honestly just choose my armor by what I think looks cool, and doesn't immediately get me killed.  

Though when I goof around I still have the wiggler hat and the kirin vest and chaps combo  :D 

Im not far enough in the game to do that yet... right now I'm trying to figure out how to kill the double tempered Bazelgeuse as they are bad enough normal

11 hours ago, Raves said:

Im not far enough in the game to do that yet... right now I'm trying to figure out how to kill the double tempered Bazelgeuse as they are bad enough normal

I switched to bow for that one.  I was getting worked over pretty good with the melee weapon.  Range kept me away from accidentally hitting the pods that dropped.  It is also one of the few quests that I didn't solo.

5 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Got Kushala Daora on my first attempt but used about 30 flash pods. Gonna have to plant some flashbugs in my box again. 

As a dual blades user, he was kind of frustrating for me the first time I faced him.  I had to use so many flashes to keep him on the ground haha.