Monster Hunter: World

showtime

11 hours ago, showtime said:

Um, it's my opinion.  I don't need to hype this game up above a recycled game like The Last of Us 2.  I mean, I played The Last of Us and if the second game is anywhere near the first then meh.  I'm not tearing anything down.  It's the same recycled Naughty Dog formula and it's a shame something like that would be game of the year.  But I did agree with you about it winning over this game since that one has a story to it.

Except people can say the same about this. Monster Hunter started in 2004 and has far more entries than TLOU. If anything people will call this out for recycling a formula. And it’s core it’s no different from every other grind game.

3 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I have a couple of fat fish, some birds, and a big old spider web.  And one of those rabbit things, and some lizards

You get more later? Right now I only have 1 slot and I’m rocking one of those dragon fly looking dudes 

When in doubt, it is your defense that fails you in this game.  Negregante hits HARD.  Sometimes you have to adjust your resistances too.  I have an armor set just for fighting Kirin, it isn't great, but it resists lightning a ton.  Make sure to always use the max life potion and the armor and demon drugs.  I have found that the regular armor/demon drug is good enough of a boost for most of the monsters.  Getting the nourishing extract for the mega versions is not easy.

I just lost a capture Pink Rathian quest where we wasted 3 traps.  One guy just wouldn't stop beating the monster so it wouldn't get captured, and he killed it.  I would have yelled at him, but I don't know how to speak Japanese.  He was the Brandon Bostick of that hunt.

On 3/4/2018 at 9:17 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

The jump in monsters is so frustrating at times. HR 13. Nergegante wrecked me. Pink Rathian recked me 2/3 times I've taken him on. Pretty much everything in that Elder Crossing map is a PITA. Killed the Jagras and Jyratudos palette swaps though. 

I took out the Pink Rathian the first time I fought it fainting only once, Nergegante I instantly busted out an SOS Flare to get help with that one.  I seem to have the most problem with everything but Dodogama in the Elder Recess so far, and that PITA Bazelguise... dude shows up everytime I'm taking out something and forces me to run away.