Monster Hunter: World

showtime

44 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Now that I've beat the story, I'm definitely slowing down on playing the game. At 150 hours and just don't see much reason to keep going outside of helping friends.

To play pokemon with all the sets of armor/weapons.

Got my but kicked by Teostra last night. Thought it was going well but had a bad habit of getting stunned shortly before he did his big fire attack and not having time to run away. Gotta be more careful I guess but I'm confident I can get him the next time.

Also tried helping a friend with a Diablos and man do I hate that fight. He always just runs so far away so I spend so much time chasing him around the room to only get one attack off, he's just frustrating. I probably just need to 'git gud' though. :D 

So funny/horrible thing last night.  I took @DavidatMIZZOU's advice and farmed up the Flying Kedachi Bow(hardest part was finding low rank Tobi-Kedachi's to fight), took out the Bazelguese with relative ease, took out a Tempered Legia (huge pain finished it at 29:59 of a 30 min timer), then saw that there was a save exploit/bug that you could use to try and maximize your FIrst Wyvern melds... accidentally loaded up my saved game from before kiling Bazelguese and lost all the progress...

Just goes to show that trying to beat the system is always going to cause some heartache.  Oh well, I'll farm get back to where I was tonight.

11 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Got my but kicked by Teostra last night. Thought it was going well but had a bad habit of getting stunned shortly before he did his big fire attack and not having time to run away. Gotta be more careful I guess but I'm confident I can get him the next time.

Also tried helping a friend with a Diablos and man do I hate that fight. He always just runs so far away so I spend so much time chasing him around the room to only get one attack off, he's just frustrating. I probably just need to 'git gud' though. :D 

My fire res being so high and two fire res decorations meant he was doing so little damage with fire that I took him out fairly quickly. Kushala Doara (spelling?) is an absolute PITA though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

My fire res being so high and two fire res decorations meant he was doing so little damage with fire that I took him out fairly quickly. Kushala Doara (spelling?) is an absolute PITA though.

I got Teostra this time. Changed up my gear to give myself speed eating 3, probably gonna keep that setup for a while. Loved those fast potions. I got super bummed that I missed hitting him with the stalactites in the one room and thought I was going to fail but he went down eventually. His head hitbox feels so inconsistent to me.

I agree with Kushala Daura being a pain, not looking forward to having to farm him. 

On 3/20/2018 at 8:53 AM, skywindO2 said:

Tempered Diablos is the most annoying monster to fight IMO. Luckily he dies relatively quickly compared to his runner up (Tempered Nergigante). The annoying part of the latter is how often his flying attack carts a team mate...

32 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

97 hours in but I finally beat Xeno'jiiva and got the credit screen. Took me 3 attempts, hit 50 minutes on the first two and on the victory one, had the 5 minute warning pop up. 

Probably means I need to upgrade my weapons badly. LOL

I saw that he was weak to poison and built the "Holly" LS to go with my Odo gear set and Dragon Eye patch to do lots of damage.  I've found myself building a lot of weapons lately specifically for certain fights and even starting to look at building specific gear paths/gem slots, to help get resistances for the fights.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Raves said:

I saw that he was weak to poison and built the "Holly" LS to go with my Odo gear set and Dragon Eye patch to do lots of damage.  I've found myself building a lot of weapons lately specifically for certain fights and even starting to look at building specific gear paths/gem slots, to help get resistances for the fights.

I ended up using a Pukei Pukei sword and shield, Datura Blade 2. The weapons I'm most comfortable with are hammer and sword and shield but I found getting into position with the hammer annoying unfortunately I pumped more resources into hammer. I think I want to focus more on SNS going forward though. On the plus side, in my two failed attempts, I severed the tail and carved it so it wasn't all wasted time. 

I want to go that same rout of crafting weapons/gear for specific elements or ailments. Time to grind I guess.

5 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I ended up using a Pukei Pukei sword and shield, Datura Blade 2. The weapons I'm most comfortable with are hammer and sword and shield but I found getting into position with the hammer annoying unfortunately I pumped more resources into hammer. I think I want to focus more on SNS going forward though. On the plus side, in my two failed attempts, I severed the tail and carved it so it wasn't all wasted time. 

I want to go that same rout of crafting weapons/gear for specific elements or ailments. Time to grind I guess.

Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and grind the mats for another item using your best gear.  Like for the double tempered Bazels I had to swap to Bow as melee just kept leading to being blown up, and had to farm Tobi on LR and HR to get to the Kedachi Bow.  Thankfully for Deviljho I had the Xeno Cypher already built though.  I do suggest if you don't have a good Thunder bow yet, start farming the mats for it if you can to prepare for the HR29 Assignment.

Some of the real good players have equipment sets for certain monsters.  You can even set up load-outs from your box if you want.  I do have a special set for fighting Kirin, it seems most armor is weak to electric damage.  But otherwise I use my Skeletor setup because I like the way it looks.

Using specialized weapons for fights is a great way to go.  Each time you hit a monster that is too difficult, see what better gear may help.  Don't forget to use your boosts.  The attack and defense potions (I'm drawing a blank on the names right now.  Demon Drug and Armor Drug, I think) and the full health potion make all hunts a lot easier, and as the game progresses materials should be pretty easily found.  I think my HR is low 80s right now, and I am surprised at how many players are going after say Black Diablos without these items.  

So has anyone fought the Deviljho yet? I looked for him last night, but I couldn't find it and I stop playing at around 9:30 or 10 when I have to go to work.  I will probably look to teach him about my knives tonight.

I've already got the Deviljho Armor and Charge Blade.

There is no set bonus but it has nice gem slots and the alpha version comes with full handicraft and speed eating. 

The weapons are a mix between the Nergigante and Diablos trees: High Damage and negative affinity but with added dragon element and high elder seal. 

They are all great looking too. The bow is ridiculous. 

First encounter with Deviljho, he worked me real good.  Then I did the quest.  I beat his ***.  I would have captured him too but a stupid Tobi decided he wasn't going to take the *** kicking that Deviljho gave him and followed too, so Tobi got stuck in the trap and I had to beat Devil up some more.  I have faced him 2 more times, once the other guys died, the other we beat him down again.  Something about Deviljho makes me mad, so I like to carve his tail in front of him.  He looks like Carnotaurus with his giant legs and tail and stupid, useless baby arms; just a walking mouth.

The unfortunate part of the add on is that it seems like everyone is only fighting Deviljho now.