Monster Hunter: World

showtime

I suggest the Wiggler hat.  

Defense is only 46, and it is good against water and dragon.  But it looks ridiculous!  You look like you have a sock puppet instead of a head and neck, and it makes your character about 9 feet tall.  And it flops around.  

It has wide range 2, which helps allies.  

2 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I suggest the Wiggler hat.  

Defense is only 46, and it is good against water and dragon.  But it looks ridiculous!  You look like you have a sock puppet instead of a head and neck, and it makes your character about 9 feet tall.  And it flops around.  

It has wide range 2, which helps allies.  

I got it, but I haven't tried it yet.  I can't un-equip the Dragonking Eyepatch.

I think the Wiggler hat actually helps with the guns.  But it looks so stupid that I had to use it.  I usually go with the skull mask, because I like it and that is what I wore in MH1.

I decked myself out with full Kirin gear, and I now look like a male stripper with a floppy giraffe head.  I was in a low rank quest because I was testing out the long sword for the first time, and we were fighting ol paparazzi himself.  When you get stunned with the wiggler hat it is hilarious!

1 hour ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I just watched a video about monsters. I must have repressed how difficult Plesioth and Cephadrome were.  They should definitely put them in the game :D

haha and the Bullfango.  What a jerk!  haha

Orrrrrrrr, make all new monsters instead of just adding in old ones! Even though I've never played MH outside of 2 hours on the Wii so all the monsters are new. What other games does Capcom have that they could insert random monsters from other franchises into this game?

10 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Orrrrrrrr, make all new monsters instead of just adding in old ones! Even though I've never played MH outside of 2 hours on the Wii so all the monsters are new. What other games does Capcom have that they could insert random monsters from other franchises into this game?

Most of the monsters in this game are new. So not sure what the issue is.

I think this game was really huge for the future of the franchise and nobody could have known the game would have been like this.  This series has been out since 2004 and was never really all that mainstream.  It's mainly been huge in Japan, but not all that much in the west.  Monster Hunter World sold more copies in the first week than some of the previous franchises have sold to date.

I believe Capcom has stated that this game won't have microtransactions (that impact game play) and at least the first DLC or first two will be free.  Hopefully they continue to support this game and add to the greatness.  But this is Capcom, so I'm afraid at some point they'll get greedy and just release the next version of this game before it's ready because they know for sure it will sell really well now.

A mix of old and new additions would be nice.  I assume whatever G/Ultimate edition they eventually update with will have both a handful of new monsters and some returning.   We don't need like, to rehash several different -dromes or whatever, but would welcome a return of some of the higher end ones like Brachydios.

On 3/11/2018 at 9:02 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I haven't played a video game this much in a long time. Over 100 hours so far. HR 14. Granted, 40 of those hours was me grinding in LR... 

Still have two elder dragons to go then I'm assuming the final boss.

Your true HR is probably a lot higher than that. Once you break the cap it’ll jump up, I bet. 

Would anyone be able to help me with the Hunt Nergigante investigations this weekend?  I would really like to try to farm through them so I can get a set of his gear but I know if I try to do it on my own I'll just end up failing.