DP's "Battlestations" thread!

So this my setup, been working on getting it perfect for years and I am close. Just got the 4k monitor and next on the table is getting a new black mouse pad and then down the line I want to get a black keyboard. Need to do serious cable managment, but I am so lazy I have been delaying it. Also need to get some wall art, but have only been in my new place for around 3 months.

FWcaLd6.jpg

@AZ_Eaglesfan: Not bad, not bad at all. Just needs some cable management!

UPDATE: I went back to IKEA, bought the same laminate again but this time instead of taking it out of the packaging and resting it upright against my wall all night I'm letting it sit on the floor until I need to install it. Also bought the OLOV adjustable leg for some center-table support. Will be installing those today and hopefully by tonight I should have everything setup and basically done.

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

Just thought I'd add, I bought my desk/table at Ikea a couple years ago. I'm fan of a simple layout like that. No drawers, like having a lot of space. Also love having monitor mount, definitely makes the desk surface feel much more spacious. 

Yeah I really like the look right now of just having the desk without any overhang or additional things. The drawers on the sides I'm okay with because storage is always great and they provide a solid base for the counter top.

I'm really anxious to see how the monitor wall mount is going to work. I've never mounted a computer monitor before so it should be quite the adventure but boy do mounted monitors look amazing.

On 1/27/2018 at 8:21 PM, Darth Pees said:

By the way guys, I got the Corsair Strafe RGB with MX Cherry keys and I didn't really like it. They keys were hella loud and just didn't right for me, so I'm sending it back and getting an MX Silent and seeing how that goes.

Good to hear. I almost bought the Strafe. This is just a quick toss together. Haven’t touched cable management yet. Kinda a mess, but I’d be lying if i said it’s ever clear.  Who needs a fancy gaming chair when you have an *** pillow?GLkFkFm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Archived