TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

I think common sense has to come into it at some point.

Can't just have Mike spending hours trying to patch loopholes that are found.

The aim of this thing is to try and produce a realistic outcome to a nfl offseason in terms of F.A and the draft.

Paying a corner and a tackle 30mill a year is anything but realistic imo.

51 minutes ago, squire12 said:

There needs to be more influence on how back loading contracts will affect the future year pool of money.  All or some of the SB and other roster/workout bonus should be reducing the 2019 pool of available cap space.  

IMO, Net Present Value is not the answer for awarding players.  It still weighs the total contract too much vs when the team can cut the player to get out of the ridiculous base salaries in the last few years of the deal.  

On the future cap, the contract apy is being applied to the 2019 year so massive back loaded deals I thought would get restricted due to that.  We haven't seen the effects of this yet.

I do agree with you on the Net Present Value isn't the answer.  It works great if all contracts are the same length in years, but the minute a person offers fewer years that are really damaged by that.  

I'm really hoping that after this mock draft is over, I can get some real feedback and suggestions to fixing these things.  Prior to this years mock, I didn't get much help and believe me I was asking almost weekly.

2 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

On the future cap, the contract apy is being applied to the 2019 year so massive back loaded deals I thought would get restricted due to that.  We haven't seen the effects of this yet.

I do agree with you on the Net Present Value isn't the answer.  It works great if all contracts are the same length in years, but the minute a person offers fewer years that are really damaged by that.  

I'm really hoping that after this mock draft is over, I can get some real feedback and suggestions to fixing these things.  Prior to this years mock, I didn't get much help and believe me I was asking almost weekly.

I spoke about this last year.  Brought up the NPV limitations and stated that looking at the point when the team can cut the player and have cap savings as the point to look at. 

12 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:
18 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Why are we changing something now?

Did you not see the sh** storm it created?

Changing the rules mid mock seems problematic in its own right.  Why should other teams not be able to structure contracts similarly in future rounds to acquire players?

9 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

There needs to be more totaled into the 2019 accounting.   The 2020-2024 SB, roster, workout bonus should calculate into that as well.  If those are guarantees, then that is money that is essentially used and needs to be accounted for in a 1 year mock.  

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Changing the rules mid mock seems problematic in its own right.  Why should other teams not be able to structure contracts similarly in future rounds to acquire players?

Because the teams that abused it in the 1st round will keep doing it in the future rounds too.

5 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

Because the teams that abused it in the 1st round will keep doing it in the future rounds too.

So those teams are the only ones that can abuse it.  If we are going for realism, then keeping the rules the same throughout does that more than changing the rules mid way through.

Just now, BringinDaPain said:

Sorry Bowser, those that are asking for sympathy from me because he bid and won two of the highest priced QB's on market. Hey, you made your bed now lay in it.

I have no problem on having both QBs now....I only bid on both because I though I would be outbid on Cousins....as matter of fact I almost did not bid for Cousins because I as think I would be throwing away a bid on him.

I'm not asking to make McCarron available again because of his cap too...I would have no problem on sticking with his cap and free him just for realism that both guys won't go to the same team.

Archived