Nintendo Switch Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 7:39 AM, Lions017 said:

Ugh. My left Joycon is starting to drift, so I'm going to have to send it in for repair. 

Luigi's Mansion was great, btw. Top 5 Switch game for me, even if it was only around 15 hours long. There's just nothing else quite like it. 

I bought a pair of joycon sticks on amazon and installed it myself on the drifting joycon and it works great. Cost $20 (canadian) for two. 

If you go that route , there's a youtube video you can watch

Edited by JBURGE

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I bought a pair of joycon sticks on amazon and installed it myself on the drifting joycon and it works great. Cost $20 (canadian) for two. 

If you go that route , there's a youtube video you can watch

Thanks. I sent it in though - it should only take a week or two and it's free. We will see how long it holds up. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 1:48 PM, Lions017 said:

Thanks. I sent it in though - it should only take a week or two and it's free. We will see how long it holds up. 

Do you just request this on Nintendo's website? Mine is drifting really bad but I've been putting up with it because I didn't feel like buying new ones. 

On 2/3/2020 at 8:03 AM, JonStark said:

Do you just request this on Nintendo's website? Mine is drifting really bad but I've been putting up with it because I didn't feel like buying new ones. 

Yup, you can do it all online. They send you a label to print within a day or so. Doesn't cost a dime. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on an 18 day stretch without a day off and not very happy about it so I was thinking about buying a Nintendo Switch so I could play it while I'm at work. 

What do I need to know?  Why is Amazon asking if I want to buy a memory card with it.  Does it not have any storage? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm on an 18 day stretch without a day off and not very happy about it so I was thinking about buying a Nintendo Switch so I could play it while I'm at work. 

What do I need to know?  Why is Amazon asking if I want to buy a memory card with it.  Does it not have any storage? 

1. Buy an SD card because the internal memory is 32GB and you don't get all of that because of the Switch's OS, no.2 that's roughly 18-20 GB left over. I don't remember the exact numbers but I'd say get least a 128GB SD card. The Internal storage is enough for maybe 1-2 smaller games and a bunch of indie titles but 20 GBs goes quick for games. Be careful to check it's not a microSD because the switch takes SD cards.

2. You're gonna need a nintendo account and you do need to pay for online services with ($20/yr roughly) if you wanna play online. You can still download games etc but if you wanna play Fortnite for example you need NSO.

3. You might wanna consider getting a switch case/screen protector and maybe a game case because the switch cartridges are tiny and you can lose them easily, plus protection for the console doesn't hurt.

4. ABSOLUTELY make sure you're getting the new model switch and not an older model, the older switches are fine but the battery isn't as good. Though they can be found cheaper if you prefer. https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy‑-HAC-001-01/dp/B07VJRZ62R?tag=igndeals14-20&ascsubtag=bc905e4f-7d49-4935-8915-e1b754195044 This is the new model. 

5. Joy-con drift is a thing and you might wanna consider an extended warranty in case they act up in a year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

Enjoy saying yourself 20$.

If you do decide to get a switch feel free to ask for some recommendations. 

I’m just mad at my situation right now so I’ll probably wait.  I’m cheaper than ****, but what you just told me i feel was excellent starter advice.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m just mad at my situation right now so I’ll probably wait.  I’m cheaper than ****, but what you just told me i feel was excellent starter advice.

Working 18 days in a row is brutal AF though, Out of curiosity what do you do? If you don't mind sharing. 

8 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Working 18 days in a row is brutal AF though, Out of curiosity what do you do? If you don't mind sharing. 

I’m a GM at a hotel.  Naturally that means I get to cover when some idiot girl decides to quit out of the blue while someone else is on vacation.  

• Like 1