Nintendo Switch Thread

On 11/25/2020 at 11:15 PM, Ty21 said:

Breath of the wild map is way too ******* big

But it's so rich with stuff too!

My nephew grabs my Switch and plays the game when he comes to visit. He was attempting the Yiga clan hideout and was having trouble. I realized I've lost all of the muscle memory of the game.

Obviously, this means I'm going to have to start it over again.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

But it's so rich with stuff too!

My nephew grabs my Switch and plays the game when he comes to visit. He was attempting the Yiga clan hideout and was having trouble. I realized I've lost all of the muscle memory of the game.

Obviously, this means I'm going to have to start it over again.

The game is surprisingly difficult. Idk how casual gamers/gamers worse than me can get into it 

12 hours ago, Ty21 said:

The game is surprisingly difficult. Idk how casual gamers/gamers worse than me can get into it 

They fall in love with the lushness and openness of the game? They have a lot of old school love for all things Zelda? All of their friends on forums unrelated to the Switch telling them they absolutely must buy and love the game? 😆😆😆

Honestly, if you don't dig it after you get out of the Great Plateau region/told to deal with the Four Beasts, it probably isn't going to be your cup of tea. I would say push on until you get there first to at least get a sense of the scope of the game, but if it's not speaking to you, then say "ain't for me" and tell the rest of us to stuff it.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

They fall in love with the lushness and openness of the game? They have a lot of old school love for all things Zelda? All of their friends on forums unrelated to the Switch telling them they absolutely must buy and love the game? 😆😆😆

Honestly, if you don't dig it after you get out of the Great Plateau region/told to deal with the Four Beasts, it probably isn't going to be your cup of tea. I would say push on until you get there first to at least get a sense of the scope of the game, but if it's not speaking to you, then say "ain't for me" and tell the rest of us to stuff it.

I liked every other Zelda game and I’m liking it so far and will finish it. I’m mostly just a complainer 

4 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I liked every other Zelda game and I’m liking it so far and will finish it. I’m mostly just a complainer 

With the exception of a few of the shrines (I am not looking forward to do the gyroscopic or golf ones again), sit down, shut up, and grind! 😆😆😆

Botw lol. 

“My husband is going to die unless you slay the molduga for its guts so it can be used as medicine. I need you to slay one for me please”

*Come back at 2 am with the guts after slaying it. 

“Can’t this wait til the morning?”

On 12/1/2020 at 2:26 PM, Ty21 said:

Botw lol. 

“My husband is going to die unless you slay the molduga for its guts so it can be used as medicine. I need you to slay one for me please”

*Come back at 2 am with the guts after slaying it. 

“Can’t this wait til the morning?”

Seems like normal married life.    

I am going to throw my Switch out of the window. I rarely connect it to the TV, but everytime I try it never transfers over and recognizes its connected to the TV. Ive tried connecting it probably 10-12 times since Ive owned it, but maybe only 5 of those times did it actually work how it is supposed to.

Researched problems with the dock, that didnt work so I bought a HDMI/TypeC splitter and that worked a few times perfectly fine and now for whatever reason it doesnt.

Im just so sick and tired of always having to spend 20-45 mins screwing around with the adapters to get this thing to work on the TV every.single.time. I try to play it. It just NEVER works like its supposed to.

I am extremely disappointed about the Switch in general and how many issues it has to do the simple things it was billed as. Just honestly want to get rid of it at this point because its turned into a glorified Gameboy. For a price tag that costs as much (if not more) than the Xbox and Playstation its embarrassingly bad. Its a $399 console but everytime I try and play with it it feels like I bought some bootleg console off Amazon for $50 bucks that is super buggy, cheap and faulty.

God I hate this thing and Im just extremely disappointed in Nintendo that THIS is their high price flagship console.

#ENDRANT

Edited by AkronsWitness

On 12/5/2020 at 2:15 PM, AkronsWitness said:

I am going to throw my Switch out of the window. I rarely connect it to the TV, but everytime I try it never transfers over and recognizes its connected to the TV. Ive tried connecting it probably 10-12 times since Ive owned it, but maybe only 5 of those times did it actually work how it is supposed to.

Researched problems with the dock, that didnt work so I bought a HDMI/TypeC splitter and that worked a few times perfectly fine and now for whatever reason it doesnt.

Im just so sick and tired of always having to spend 20-45 mins screwing around with the adapters to get this thing to work on the TV every.single.time. I try to play it. It just NEVER works like its supposed to.

I am extremely disappointed about the Switch in general and how many issues it has to do the simple things it was billed as. Just honestly want to get rid of it at this point because its turned into a glorified Gameboy. For a price tag that costs as much (if not more) than the Xbox and Playstation its embarrassingly bad. Its a $399 console but everytime I try and play with it it feels like I bought some bootleg console off Amazon for $50 bucks that is super buggy, cheap and faulty.

God I hate this thing and Im just extremely disappointed in Nintendo that THIS is their high price flagship console.

#ENDRANT

Sorry you are having issues with the Switch.

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried connecting it up to a different TV? Or contacting Nintendo about a replacement for the dock?

Just now, Woz said:

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried connecting it up to a different TV? Or contacting Nintendo about a replacement for the dock?

Yeah I tried connecting it to a different TV already, same thing. It never 'switches over' to the TV mode despite multiple adapters. 

Havent contacted Nintendo  because I assume like everything else there is going to be hoops to jump through. The system is 3 years old, it was a gift so I have no receipt, blah blah blah so I doubt there is anyway they would send me any sort of replacement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah I tried connecting it to a different TV already, same thing. It never 'switches over' to the TV mode despite multiple adapters. 

Havent contacted Nintendo  because I assume like everything else there is going to be hoops to jump through. The system is 3 years old, it was a gift so I have no receipt, blah blah blah so I doubt there is anyway they would send me any sort of replacement.

That's really strange. The only other thing I could think of is it is a problem with either the dock itself or the USB-C port itself (*). If it is the dock, you could replace it (**), but if it's the port, you're basically screwed at that point. Do you know of anyone else personally who has a Switch that you could use to briefly test their dock?

(*) I am going to offer the long-shot suggestion of is the Switch's update to date? Would be very surprised if that it wasn't or that updating it would fix it, but it's worth a shot.

(**) I quickly scanned around and while official Nintendo replacements are ridiculously expensive ($80-85??), there are third party ones for $25-30.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/542925-best-nintendo-switch-replacement-docks-2019

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Charging-Compact-Replacement-Nintendo/dp/B07N1FWNLF/ (the review's #2 option is currently $22.99)

While it might not be great to be spending more money on a system you are getting frustrated with, it's a minor investment that might get you large returns if it works.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 4:35 PM, Woz said:

Thank you for talking to him like a Nintendo customer service representative 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 4:38 PM, AkronsWitness said:

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_redirect.jsp?sys=switch&lang=en&sym=EMNTHNGINSRTD

While your console might not be replacement level they do repairs, and honestly sounds like a USB or HDMI issue with bad pins if I had to guess. 

Also honestly if you just wanna sell it (AS IS) you'd probably get your money back with how crazy switch sales on the 3rd party markets have been. 

On 12/6/2020 at 5:48 PM, Woz said:

That's really strange. The only other thing I could think of is it is a problem with either the dock itself or the USB-C port itself (*). If it is the dock, you could replace it (**), but if it's the port, you're basically screwed at that point. Do you know of anyone else personally who has a Switch that you could use to briefly test their dock?

(*) I am going to offer the long-shot suggestion of is the Switch's update to date? Would be very surprised if that it wasn't or that updating it would fix it, but it's worth a shot.

(**) I quickly scanned around and while official Nintendo replacements are ridiculously expensive ($80-85??), there are third party ones for $25-30.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/542925-best-nintendo-switch-replacement-docks-2019

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Charging-Compact-Replacement-Nintendo/dp/B07N1FWNLF/ (the review's #2 option is currently $22.99)

While it might not be great to be spending more money on a system you are getting frustrated with, it's a minor investment that might get you large returns if it works.

Thanks for the help! I checked everything, the software update on the system and everything. I think the new adapter might be shot just like the original doc. I tried multiple different HDMI cables and TVs but still nothing. This is the new adapter I bought to replace the dock which was clearly broken for whatever reason--I did hear that there are a bunch of very well known issues with the dock so thats not suprising.

Either this new adapter is shot or there is a issue with the port itself on the console.

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Nintendo-Charging-Support-Samsung/dp/B07FKJS8HD/ref=sr_1_3?crid=15O023W3HQZJY&dchild=1&keywords=nintendo+switch+type+c+adapter&qid=1607396181&sprefix=nintendo+switch+typ%2Caps%2C175&sr=8-3

58 minutes ago, Xmad said:

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_redirect.jsp?sys=switch&lang=en&sym=EMNTHNGINSRTD

While your console might not be replacement level they do repairs, and honestly sounds like a USB or HDMI issue with bad pins if I had to guess. 

Also honestly if you just wanna sell it (AS IS) you'd probably get your money back with how crazy switch sales on the 3rd party markets have been. 

Good point, I have dumped so much money into this thing lol FAR more than I have my PS4 which I play 10x more often. I only use the Switch when family/friends are over or my wife actually agrees to play a game---so when it doesnt work and connect to the TV so we cant play, thats the frustrating part. I dont use it that much and when I need it to work one time per month or so it only does about 20% of the time.

The system was a gift but I bought a hard case for the handheld system, a travel case for it, screen protectors, extra pair of joy cons, a additional controller the joy cons slide into, 5 multi player games, the nintendo membership pass, a HDMI Type-C adapter to replace the dock, ect, ect, ect.

Including the cost of the system itself--I probably have $750ish invested into this system that I only play once in a while in a group setting haha Thats why its infuriating when it doesnt work. 

Edited by AkronsWitness