TCMD 2018 GB Packer WAR ROOM (pick 232= Riley Ferguson, QB Memphis)

squire12

Bit more on Michael Gallup

Possesses a compact, well-built frame for a receiver with very good muscular development. Fluid accelerator who consistently creates separation at the stem with strong cuts and varied gaits. Experienced inside and out in this offense and was asked to run a variety of routes. Shows good hands for the reception, including the ability to pluck the ball from outside of his frame and track over his shoulder. Good timing on his leaps and shows the body control to contort in space and make the difficult grab. Strong hands to catch just the back half of the ball, when necessary... Shows strength, elusiveness and smooth acceleration to be a threat to gain yardage after the catch.

More smooth than sudden off the line of scrimmage and many not possess ideal top-end speed... Tied up a bit by physical press coverage, slowing his route.  Got away with some freelancing as a route-runner and will need to do a better job of being consistent with his releases and routes in the NFL to earn the trust of his quarterback.

COMPARES TO: Cecil Shorts III, Buccaneers (retired). The 6-0, 202 pound Shorts was an All-American at Mount Union but had to prove that his production was not simply a by-product of weak competition. Gallup was similarly unstoppable in the Mountain West but projects as more of a complementary short and intermediate target in the NFL.

GREEN = COMBINE   BLUE = PRO DAY

HT:  6'0"

WT:  205

Arms:  31.5

40:  4.51  (4.46)

Vert:  36"

Broad:  10'2"   (10'8")

3-cone:  6.95

20-shuttle:  4.37

UFA = GREEN  (Tyrell Williams, Morris Claiborne, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Michael Schofield, James Harrison, Corey Graham)

Re-sign = ORANGE (UFA, RFA, ERFA --  Evans, Allison, Richard Rodgers, McCray, Patrick, Dial, Brooks, Thomas, Waters, Whitehead, Brown)

Trade =  PURPLE (Bruce Irvin)

Draft =  RED (Harold Landry - EDGE, Isaiah Oliver - CB, Michael Gallup - WR)

DEPTH CHART

QB:  Rodgers / Hundley

RB:  Montgomery / Jones / Williams  / Mays / Bouganon

FB:  Ripkowski / Kerridge

WR: Tyrell Williams / Nelson / Michael Gallup / Davis / Clark / Pearson

WR:  Adams /  Cobb / Allison / Yancey / Kumerow

TE:  Austin Seferian Jenkins / Kendricks /  Rodgers / Byrd / Tonyan

LT:  Bahktiari / Spriggs

LG: Taylor / Michael Schofield / Amichia

C:  Linsley / Day

RG: Jahri Evans McCray / Murphy / Patrick

RT: Spriggs / Bulaga

DE:  Daniels / Dial

DT:  Clark

DE:  Adams / Lowry
OLB: Perry / Bruce Irvin  Brooks / Fackrell /  Gilbert /  Tally

ILB:  Martinez / Thomas

ILB: Ryan

OLB:  Matthews / Harold Landry James Harrison / Biegel / Odom

CB:  King /  Isaiah Oliver / Hawkins  / Waters / Rollins

S:  Clinton-Dix / Brice / Whitehead

S: Jones /  Corey Graham / Evans / Thomas

CB:  Morris Claibrone / Randall / Pipkins / Brown

Specials:  Crosby / Vogel / Triner

Depth chart posted above.  Next pick is #101 

Mon, Mar 12, 2018 1:20 PM Mon, Mar 12, 2018 2:00 PM 3RD 37 101 96 GB Green Bay Packers

Feel free to post some names of players or positions that you want to go after.  

Meeks is more a safety and there are a few safeties I like ahead of him.  

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Depth chart posted above.  Next pick is #101 

Mon, Mar 12, 2018 1:20 PM Mon, Mar 12, 2018 2:00 PM 3RD 37 101 96 GB Green Bay Packers

Feel free to post some names of players or positions that you want to go after.  

You going to trade Randall to Cleveland?

29 minutes ago, squire12 said:

seems like such a good guy to have on your team.. 

i just like legitimately started "watching" guys yesterdays. give me a handful of guys you're considering coming up that i can peek at. 

@jfinley88  Here are some of the targets in the next 2 picks.  There are likely others that will be considered as some get taken before GB next pick.

Ian Thomas TE

Kyle Lauletta QB

Jessie Bates S

Joe Noteboom OL

Scott Quessenberry OL

Mason Cole OL

Kentavius Street DL

Deadrin Senat DL

Anthony Averett CB

Kevin Toliver CB

I like the Gallup pick and I like the position choice.

You probably already know I like The Indiana TE Thomas (6'5", 248, 4.74 40), he would be a favourite at a position of need. However, even though CB Averett (6'0", 185, 4.36 40) is not a physical corner in the Alabama mold, he is 6'0", runs a 4.36 40 and has the loose hips and route savvy to be a solid addition at this point in the draft. If both were there, I'd probably go Averett, but the guy I LIKE best is Thomas, and I suspect Averett will be gone by the time the Packers pick rolls around. Thomas is not a burner, though he isn't slow, he is tough, physical and has a knack for disguising his routes and getting open. He is a good, willing blocker, as well.

I'd go White over Lauletta at QB, though I like them both as QB3 options. White (was a fastball pitcher) has a much stronger arm.

If you are going for a CB with size but also has maturity issues, I'd probably go with Holton Hill over Keith Tolliver (both 6'3" and just over 200lb). He is WAY down on the board you use (7th round). NFL.com suggests he has day two draft talent. He could be a later 'dice-roll' pick.

After adding a TE (if possible), I'd look at the O line, but I don't expect great value there.

Archived