TCMD 2018 GB Packer WAR ROOM (pick 232= Riley Ferguson, QB Memphis)

squire12

Sad to see y'all don't like Gallup or Anthony Miller as much as I do. Keep in mind the corner we take is CB4 at this point with Caliborne on long term deal, King and Randall. So unless the grade is significantly higher, not sure that's a great use of resources

13 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Sad to see y'all don't like Gallup or Anthony Miller as much as I do. Keep in mind the corner we take is CB4 at this point with Caliborne on long term deal, King and Randall. So unless the grade is significantly higher, not sure that's a great use of resources

Miller is drafted at 31 or 32.

Key just was drafted as well. 

Randall is going into his 4th year, so not sure if the 5th year option is going to be used.  

17 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Anthony miller has been drafted. I like Gallup but i think 2nd round may be a reach for him when we can select him with our 3rd pick

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Miller is drafted at 31 or 32.

Key just was drafted as well. 

Randall is going into his 4th year, so not sure if the 5th year option is going to be used.  

Doesn't mean we won't sign him. 

Oops on Miller. I still like Gallup more than the other WRs but thats just my 2 cents

35 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

We lost Burnett, and didn't replace him with a starter FA or James. So the 3 safety look is probably gone. Means when we go 6 DB (a lot) that probably brings a CB on the field. Also I don't think Claiborne's contract is hard to get out of in future years.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We lost Burnett, and didn't replace him with a starter FA or James. So the 3 safety look is probably gone. Means when we go 6 DB (a lot) that probably brings a CB on the field. Also I don't think Claiborne's contract is hard to get out of in future years.

Brice and Jones is our current 3 safety look with Marwin Evans, no? I love Bates and I like Justin Reid. One of them is a fine option. If you guys like the corner more then sure grab him

4 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Brice and Jones is our current 3 safety look with Marwin Evans, no? I love Bates and I like Justin Reid. One of them is a fine option. If you guys like the corner more then sure grab him

I mean we kept Cobb and Nelson and still signed Tyrell Williams so really a WR would be #5 at best too. We really have a depth filled roster, it's just looking at BPA at this point.

Really what we need most is a guard, but unless you feel Brian O' Neill can play guard, the board isn't great there.

38 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I like Oliver at corner.  Kirk at WR.  Edwards at TE.

I'd probably lean towards Kirk.  

@Vegas492  Andrews is not a terrible pick............but I like the value of the Indiana TE (Ian Thomas) better, in round 3 (or even 4).

I still lust after the speed of WR Chark though (ah, Kepler has just said the same thing), he is also a very comfortable 6'3" as well.  Oliver is also a solid pick (unless you are a fan of Alabama's Averette, who I like less than Oliver).

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean we kept Cobb and Nelson and still signed Tyrell Williams so really a WR would be #5 at best too. We really have a depth filled roster, it's just looking at BPA at this point.

Really what we need most is a guard, but unless you feel Brian O' Neill can play guard, the board isn't great there.

Did we restructure Cobb or Nelson? Randall has 2018 and option for 2019, King has 2 years, and Claiborne a few years. WRs typically take a couple years in our offense to be established. WR imo would be drafting for 2019 playing time whereas corner would be for injuries or longer

15 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Did we restructure Cobb or Nelson? Randall has 2018 and option for 2019, King has 2 years, and Claiborne a few years. WRs typically take a couple years in our offense to be established. WR imo would be drafting for 2019 playing time whereas corner would be for injuries or longer

we did not restructure Nelson or Cobb.

Archived