TCMD 2018 GB Packer WAR ROOM (pick 232= Riley Ferguson, QB Memphis)

squire12

+1 on the "damn good looking board".

This exercise and in real life...GB needs pass rushers and corners.  As cool as Derwin James would look, he's not going to affect the quarterback with a rush.  And he's not likely to line up on a WR and shadow them around the field.  To that extent, neither is Edmunds.

I love Ward as a corner.  Elite skills.  If he were 2 inches taller he'd go top 5.  He'd be my first choice.  Second choice is Fitz.  Smart, can play outside or inside.  Similar to Woodson with the smarts, but not in Chuck's league as an athlete.  But, smarts will always get this guy lined up right and he will be around the ball.  He's my second choice.

Landry has that first step to disrupt quarterbacks.  He'd be my third option.

Davenport has the speed, power and frame you would like in a pass rusher.  Not the ideal agility, though.  Still....he can rush the passer, fourth option.

As my fifth option, now I'm looking at James as he's a little older and more mature than Edmunds.  Give you more bang for your buck right away.

Just now, squire12 said:

@Packerraymond. Thoughts on trade down to 18 and getting another 2nd?

Open to it depending who is on the board.

I don't think we move down if Minkah is there, he's a top 10 guy for me and awesome value.

The other 4? Yeah I think one will still be available between Davenport, Ward, LVE and Landry. Then we can package 2s and come back up for another player, or stay put and add two higher end guys.

4 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

If Minkah Fitzpatrick is there and you trade down I will leave this forum

Very much agree that Fitz should be the pick.  No trade down if he is there.  That kid has it all, including personality and attitude.  He's a winner through and through.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Very much agree that Fitz should be the pick.  No trade down if he is there.  That kid has it all, including personality and attitude.  He's a winner through and through.

He can also play anywhere. And by that I mean he will succeed somewhere 

It would be overpayment for me to give you a 2nd to move from 18 to 14, sorry guys it's 4 spots... if that's your ask we can end discussions now so you can focus on your pick. 

Using the new draft value chart as a general base..

Pick 14 (325 pts)

for 

Pick 18 (287 pts)
Pick 96 (40 pts)

I could get on board with a trade involving my earlier 3rd but definitely not a fair ask to give you a 2nd round pick. Sorry fellas, hope Minkah makes it to you guys.

2 minutes ago, triplejcubed3 said:

Minkah gone :( What about moving down with the bills for their earlier 3rd round pick we should still be able to snag one of the guys we want. and give us an extra 3rd to match with a 2nd to move up if we see someone we like.

I'm open to it, depending who goes 11, 12 and 13.

Need Josh Allen and an OL to go here soon, maybe Ridley. If the next picks are Davenport, Ward, Landry/LVE and only one of those 4 is left, I think we have to pull the trigger. Clear lean on those 4 over the rest. Unless we want Vea. After that the defensive prospects fall far.

Archived