Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Cam Bynum:

“I expect a Super Bowl. Everybody says that, and everybody should say that, but you look at the guys on the team, you look at the locker room, all the experience we have. Look how much depth we have, especially on the defense. So many guys. It’s almost weird looking around, you’re like, OK how are we all going to get on the field? There’s just so many ballers. You look at the offense. There’s a baller at every position when you look across the whole board. That’s why I’m confident when I say I expect us to be a Super Bowl team. But really, our preparation has to tell it all. You say that every year. Every team says that every year, but we have to put all these names and everything. We have to make it real.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/vikings-camryn-bynum-im-confident-when-i-say-i-expect-us-to-be-a-super-bowl-team

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm not sure what we could trade for these guys. Some used footballs?

Yeah, unless we're trading CB's, Safeties, or backup O-Linemen, I don't see us improving the team via trades. And none of the guys we'd be parting with would be enough to convince Cooper or Godwin. Maybe, MAYBE, Woods. But I doubt that. 

• Like 1

I could see a player for player trade. 

My guess is that they’ll go to camp with what they’ve got. If they don’t like what Nailor or Powell are doing at WR3, then my guess is that they’ll wait to see if someone gets cut. 

• Like 1

I wonder if we could see a trade involving some reclamation projects. 

Lewis Cine doesn’t seem like he’s got a future in Minnesota, and the Vikings look pretty solid with their safety depth. 

Tennessee doesn’t seem to be comfortable with their depth at safety, and with Hopkins, Ridley, and Boyd, there doesn’t seem to be any room for Treylon Burks. 

Trade Cine (our 2022 1st round bust) to Tennessee in exchange for Burks (their 2022 1st round bust).

• Like 5

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Any interest in some of these guys?

Not really. I mean, I'll trust the team's judgment, but unless it's an offensive or defensive lineman, I don't see much sense in adding any current free agents. Even then, the linemen that are left aren't much help. 

I don't see the team adding anyone until camp cuts start.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Any interest in some of these guys?

I'm fairly bullish on the current roster.  I think the Vikings will be the surprise team in the NFC. I may be looking at the world through purple colored lenses, but I think the team has their difference makers.  None of the players listed above are clear upgrades in my mind.

• Like 2