TCMD War Room

Nick

21 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

Working on trading up to either #2 or #3. Neither team has accepted but we are discussing parameters. What are you guys' thoughts on this potential trade:

Bills get:
Pick 2 or Pick 3

Colts/Giants get:
Pick 21
Pick 22
Cordy Glenn
2019 2nd Round Pick

Have a feeling they will want a pick this year rather than next because this mock is a one year thing, so if that 2nd round becomes one of our 2nds in 2018, are you still on board?

@LeeEvans @gobills123 @BigBillsFan13 @Trentwannabe @Yibbyl @davidderion

I would do it, but if it is a 2nd this year, I think asking for a 4th in return would be fair. it would still leave us with the 1st, a 2nd, two 3rds and two 4ths

Been making good progress on my trade with the Giants. Going to be costly but I think we need to take the risk. Will keep everyone updated. Nothing agreed upon just yet.

I also have a trade tentatively agreed upon with the Colts should one of our top 2 QBs fall.

Also have something agreed upon for Tyrod Taylor. 

For free agency I'm looking to target the usual suspects. I'll name specific names once free agency opens.

On 1/31/2018 at 10:18 AM, NickChowaniec said:

Working on trading up to either #2 or #3. Neither team has accepted but we are discussing parameters. What are you guys' thoughts on this potential trade:

Bills get:
Pick 2 or Pick 3

Colts/Giants get:
Pick 21
Pick 22
Cordy Glenn
2019 2nd Round Pick

Have a feeling they will want a pick this year rather than next because this mock is a one year thing, so if that 2nd round becomes one of our 2nds in 2018, are you still on board?

@LeeEvans @gobills123 @BigBillsFan13 @Trentwannabe @Yibbyl @davidderion

As an outside opinion that is way to much to move up that far...  I'd ask for a 3rd rounder or a player if your gonna give up that much.

Also a 2nd round pick in 2019 is equalivilant to a 3rd round in 2018.  So if anything you should be thinking about swapping the 2nd for a 3rd this year. I think this would be an acceptable offer

21, 22 and Glenn

For

3 and Paul Perkins

4 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

As an outside opinion that is way to much to move up that far...  I'd ask for a 3rd rounder or a player if your gonna give up that much.

Also a 2nd round pick in 2019 is equalivilant to a 3rd round in 2018.  So if anything you should be thinking about swapping the 2nd for a 3rd this year. I think this would be an acceptable offer

21, 22 and Glenn

For

3 and Paul Perkins

I think differently. Those picks at the top, especially in a QB heavy draft are extremely expensive. Moving up to the 2nd spot, or 3rd is not cheap no matter what.

Take a look just two years ago in a similar draft... 

Tennessee sent the top selection along with its fourth - (No. 113) and sixth-round (No. 177) picks this year to the Rams in exchange for Los Angeles' first-round pick (No. 15), two second-round selections (Nos. 43 and 45) and a third-round pick (No. 76) in 2016. The Titans also will get the Rams' first- and third-round picks in 2017.

There's no way the Giants (my preferred partner) will accept the trade you're proposing. Maybe you're overrating Glenn's value? I think he's worth a 3rd at best.

3 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I think differently. Those picks at the top, especially in a QB heavy draft are extremely expensive. Moving up to the 2nd spot, or 3rd is not cheap no matter what.

Take a look just two years ago in a similar draft... 

There's no way the Giants (my preferred partner) will accept the trade you're proposing. Maybe you're overrating Glenn's value? I think he's worth a 3rd at best.

I know its not going to be  cheap to move up that far... That's as much as I'd be willing to give up. I don't think that trading that much to get into the top 3 is realistic. We have the ammo to do it. But then we wouldn't be able to fill our holes. If we are going to trade up then I think 8-15 is more realistic and hope a QB falls into that range.

I don't think you trade up unless you want the top one or two QBs. I see a big difference between Darnold, Rosen and the rest of the crop. The only QB close is arguably Mayfield. The sitting back and waiting mentality is one of the many reasons we haven't had a franchise QB in forever. I guess it's just a difference in philosophies. I think it's time to make a big move.

We have a bunch of extra picks this draft so it stings far less than it would if we just had the standard 7 selections and had to trade up. So really, it couldn't be a better time because after a move up, we'll still have a decent amount of picks to fill holes with.

That said, If it gets too expensive I have no problem staying put and seeing how the draft plays out. 

I think too many people want to fill all our holes and get a QB. Its just not feasible. No matter what road we go down this year, we won't be able to fill all our holes and have a future QB.

I for one am tired of waiting and grabbing a Mike White in round 3 and just hoping. We have the ammo and the GM/HC combo that will turn this thing around. Whatever QB they fall in love with we should go get, even if it cost similar or more to what Tennessee and Philadelphia did. 

7 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think too many people want to fill all our holes and get a QB. Its just not feasible. No matter what road we go down this year, we won't be able to fill all our holes and have a future QB.

I for one am tired of waiting and grabbing a Mike White in round 3 and just hoping. We have the ammo and the GM/HC combo that will turn this thing around. Whatever QB they fall in love with we should go get, even if it cost similar or more to what Tennessee and Philadelphia did. 

Right on the money Trent. And look where they are, one team in the Super Bowl (Wentz was an MVP candidate too). The other (LA Rams) are one of the most electrifying teams in the league and should be competing for a SB soon.

That's what I'm after. That's what we've been missing out on for 20-something years.

20 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Well it could be feasible... You don't need to trade up for a QB and get a Rosen or Darnold and you don't need to wait for a QB in the 3rd round and get a White. There is 5 first round QBs this year... Maybe 6 depending on Rudolph. And the free agent class is probably the best QB free agent class in a long tine with Cousins and all of the Vikings QBs being available. Id just wait it out and see if Mayfield, Jackson or Allen fall. If they do take the one that does. Chances are one of the 5 will be there at 21. Dont see anyway that 1 out of 4 teams select a QB ahead of us. If they are not available I'd trade the 22nd pick down to around 30 and nab Rudolph and an extra pick.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:52 AM, marshawn lynch said:

Well it could be feasible... You don't need to trade up for a QB and get a Rosen or Darnold and you don't need to wait for a QB in the 3rd round and get a White. There is 5 first round QBs this year... Maybe 6 depending on Rudolph. And the free agent class is probably the best QB free agent class in a long tine with Cousins and all of the Vikings QBs being available. Id just wait it out and see if Mayfield, Jackson or Allen fall. If they do take the one that does. Chances are one of the 5 will be there at 21. Dont see anyway that 1 out of 4 teams select a QB ahead of us. If they are not available I'd trade the 22nd pick down to around 30 and nab Rudolph and an extra pick.

There may be 5 first round QB's but history tells us only 1 maybe 2 will actually be worth a damn. If McBean falls in love with one of Mayfield, Rosen, Allen, Jackson or Darnold, they need to go get him. Jackson and maybe Allen could be had outside the top 10 but for certain the other 3 will be gone by pick 10 IMO. Buffalo can fill all the holes they want, but without a true franchise QB it won't matter. 

1 hour ago, davidderion said:

What's the plan for free agency?? Anyone we are targeting?? Personally, if Carolina doesn't resign Norwell, we should go after him. WIll solve our right guard situation.

I like him too.

Also think Luke Wilson, Paul Richardson, Ross Cockrell and Kerry Wynn make sense for what this front office looks for in size and experience. 

Archived