Broncos trying to trade CB Aqib Talib

bucsfan333

PRIme example: when Brady got time to throw and the jags pass rush was struggling he picked apart the top two corners in the league. 

The eagles secondary especially their corners are above average. Not elite. But their pass rush was fully respesoble for the off throws in the nfc title game. 

If your pass rush is good, you have a shot and it helps your back end. If the front 4 is struggling, in the Bucs case, was worse than bad, you’re going to have a bad time. 

Throw a late pick at them. We guaranteed to get him and they save $1,000,000.

As far as rushing the Qb, covering the back end gernarlly both is needed right? Not going to sign elite/high end CB because we don’t have an effective rush yet... why not try and have both?

Hands off. 49ers have called dibs. 

On 1/30/2018 at 9:07 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Like others have said, it's matter of time before they cut him. Just wait it out and then sign him to new deal as a FA...

I don't think that he'll hit the market...I don't know if the 49ers want him for real (just the fans do), but if we do, we have a great relationship with Denver and I almost guarantee that we'd throw them something in trade to take him off their hands. Again, that's assuming that Lynch and Shanny actually want him. We have a huge gaping hole at corner though, so it makes a lot of sense, particularly since the money doesn't matter for us. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hands off. 49ers have called dibs. 

I don't think that he'll hit the market...I don't know if the 49ers want him for real (just the fans do), but if we do, we have a great relationship with Denver and I almost guarantee that we'd throw them something in trade to take him off their hands. Again, that's assuming that Lynch and Shanny actually want him. We have a huge gaping hole at corner though, so it makes a lot of sense, particularly since the money doesn't matter for us. 

I don't see it. I don't think teams want to part with anything when they know he's going to hit the market. 

I believe they would be assuming his current contract as well (could be wrong) vs. being able to ink him to a deal of their choosing...

Another thing is Tampa is holding out on Grimes to see if he will return. They made it publicly they want him back. 

Quite frankly, I doubt a late round pick will do the trick for Denver. If I’m the Bucs I’d rather give up a pick for a pass rusher. 

Like I said before, the jags secondary looked average when the pats stoned the jags D-Line. 

8 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Another thing is Tampa is holding out on Grimes to see if he will return. They made it publicly they want him back

Quite frankly, I doubt a late round pick will do the trick for Denver. If I’m the Bucs I’d rather give up a pick for a pass rusher. 

Like I said before, the jags secondary looked average when the pats stoned the jags D-Line. 

Yuck. I get the sentimental value here, but his play fell off quite a bit in 2017 and he's old as dirt for a CB...

There are gonna be such better options on the market and the draft...

11 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I don't see it. I don't think teams want to part with anything when they know he's going to hit the market. 

I believe they would be assuming his current contract as well (could be wrong) vs. being able to ink him to a deal of their choosing...

But then you have to fight other teams for his services and truthfully, he could end up with a bigger first year cap hit than he has right now (which is 11 million). If you give him a base of 5 million this year (well below market for a corner of his talent) + 15 million bonus on a 3 year deal, you're right back at 10 million dollar cap hit for this year; and next year on his current contract the hit is only 8 million.  The hit for the 49ers on this trade means nothing to them as they  have 120 million in cap space. Why wouldn't you throw a 6th / 7th just to get him and not have to deal with the market, help a friend out (Denver / Elway, which honestly is what I think we did last year for Kapri Bibbs), and solve a need? I have to assume that other teams feel similarly. 

I feel like this is very similar to what happened with Boldin a few years ago. Everyone knew he was going to get cut, so the 49ers just threw the Ravens, whom they had a great relationship with, a 6th, took on the salary and moved on. It really does happen all the time, and the 49ers have done it on several instances. The trade for Jeremy Zuttah is another instance because Baltimore was always going to cut him as well.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

But then you have to fight other teams for his services and truthfully, he could end up with a bigger first year cap hit than he has right now (which is 11 million). If you give him a base of 5 million this year (well below market for a corner of his talent) + 15 million bonus on a 3 year deal, you're right back at 10 million dollar cap hit for this year; and next year on his current contract the hit is only 8 million.  The hit for the 49ers on this trade means nothing to the 49ers who have 120 million in cap space. Why wouldn't you throw a 6th / 7th just to get him and not have to deal with the market, help a friend out (Denver / Elway, which honestly is what I think we did last year for Kapri Bibbs), and solve a need? I have to assume that other teams feel similarly. 

I feel like this is very similar to what happened with Boldin a few years ago. Everyone knew he was going to get cut, so the 49ers just threw the Ravens, whom they had a great relationship with, a 6th, took on the salary and moved on. It really does happen all the time, and the 49ers have done it on several instances. The trade for Jeremy Zuttah is another instance because Baltimore was always going to cut him as well.

I get where you're coming from and it sounds like the 49ers have the cap to make the current deal work (a lot of teams wouldn't)...

I'm just saying these occurrences are more rare, where a team actually gives up compensation for a player they know will likely hit the market. Most teams bet on themselves that they will be able to get said player in FA and if not, they have a plan B,C,D to offset...

Guess we'll see what happens, but my money is that he either stays in Denver or he is released and hits the market as a FA...

31 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Yuck. I get the sentimental value here, but his play fell off quite a bit in 2017 and he's old as dirt for a CB...

There are gonna be such better options on the market and the draft...

I’m in agreement but the Bucs have stated publicly they want him back. 

Talib is like what 32? No way I’d think about trading for anything more than a fourth or fifth round pick. I’d rather use that fourth as trade ammo anyway for pick #3 to secur Chubb. I don’t see the classes top edge rusher falling out the top 3. Go spend some money on younger players at the position. EJ Gaines, Vontae Davis, or Kyle Fuller would be decent #2CB options.

Archived