BREAKING:REDSKINS TRADE FOR ALEX SMITH

mar29020

Just now, Dashing202 said:

Fuller was good ... I hate to say it . I suspect skins go after aqib talib or something and have Dunbar at the slot .

its a redskins move.. talib did play well but skins tried to get him several times . Plus the Tampa connection .

yea KC raped us but let's see how smith does . If he sucks than wow 

I don’t think Dunny can play the slot well. Perhaps Moreau will be the answer there or even Holsey. 

I guess what I said all along was true. Kirk never intended to sign here. It wasn't going to happen but there simply was no need for this trade. You draft a QB and roll with Colt for a few games. You keep a ton of cap space, arguably your best cover corner and your third round pick. Instead, we get Alex Smith. This is stupid. It's hard for me to even believe were this poor of an organization. What an awful trade. 

27 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

you draft to build a team not to let them go for retreads

Usually I’d agree here and while I hate the trade for giving up Fuller, we should all realize that Alex Smith isn’t a “retread.”

He’s not as talented as deep ball thrower as Kirk is, but as someone else said “he’s super efficient.” 

He threw for over 4000 yds, had 26 TDs, only had 5 ints last year and had a 104.7 rtg. 

His td passing numbers could have presumably been higher as well if he didn’t have such a great running back who had 8 TDs as well.

11 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Our defense was actually really bad this year. Derrick Johnson declined hard, we had poor play from 3 of our LB spots most of the year, and our safeties were horrible trying to fill the Eric Berry gap. Along with our #2 CB spot being trash all year. It doesn't matter much, but I've seen a few posts like this and wanted to clarify. Our D this year was not the D from 2013 - 2015/2016 (depending on who you ask.) Our defense declined hard, but our offense gained talent to make up for it and Smith actually carries the team a bit this year.

Your D was lightyears ahead of ours

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Also I coulda sworn talib can play the slot . I remember in NE he covered TEs.

We don’t have Talib as of right now. You said Dunny could play the slot and I don’t think he has or that he could play it well.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Usually I’d agree here and while I hate the trade for giving up Fuller, we should all realize that Alex Smith isn’t a “retread.”

He’s not as talented as deep ball thrower as Kirk is, but as someone else said “he’s super efficient.” 

He threw for over 4000 yds, had 26 TDs, only had 5 ints last year and had a 104.7 rtg. 

His td passing numbers could have presumably been higher as well if he didn’t have such a great running back who had 8 TDs as well.

He's old and we aren't competing for Super Bowls any time soon. This trade isn't good. It wouldn't have been good for a third rounder but it's absolutely horrific when you include Fuller. It's one of the dumbest trades I've ever seen this team make and this is why I said you have to get Bruce out of here. Instead we fire McCloughan. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

He's old and we aren't competing for Super Bowls any time soon. This trade isn't good. It wouldn't have been good for a third rounder but it's absolutely horrific when you include Fuller. It's one of the dumbest trades I've ever seen this team make and this is why I said you have to get Bruce out of here. Instead we fire McCloughan. 

Can't wait for week 1lol I wonder who's playing us first .

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I guess what I said all along was true. Kirk never intended to sign here. It wasn't going to happen but there simply was no need for this trade. You draft a QB and roll with Colt for a few games. You keep a ton of cap space, arguably your best cover corner and your third round pick. Instead, we get Alex Smith. This is stupid. It's hard for me to even believe were this poor of an organization. What an awful trade. 

So, I’ll make this point for the 3rd or 4th time. We still have 7 draft picks, we can still and probably will draft a QB to develop. Well probably wait and draft the guy from Western Kentucky, Luke Faulk or the guy from Richmond in round 4.

Archived