BREAKING:REDSKINS TRADE FOR ALEX SMITH

mar29020

Just now, turtle28 said:

Have you studied the Redskins defensive stats or have you watched 16 games of the Redskins defense?

We’re talking about a defense that gave up 38 points to the Vikings at home, gave up two late TDs in the final few minutes in New Orleans and so lost a game we had won and couldn’t come close to stopping the Chargers as we got blown out of the building. We gave up over 5 ypc rushing I believe on 1st down. Our 3rd down defense wasn’t historically bad like 2016 but it wasn’t much better, we couldn’t get off the field.

This could very easily be turned around.

We had similar epic failures against the Jets, Raiders, and Cowboys. The D did all they could to blow it against Houston. Our rushing D against Tennessee was the primary reason we bowed out of the playoffs so quickly.

I'm open to the possibility that the Redskins defense was worse last year. But if so, it wasn't by much. KC's D was one of the worst in the league last year. That I know confidently. That alone means it wasn't light years ahead of any other defense. It wasn't a defense that Kirk Cousins would've taken to the AFC Championship. And when I see posts talking about how great Derrick Johnson is, for instance, I know people are just behind on the play of our defense. Those are the claims I'm arguing against. If you want to say something like the Chiefs were the 6th worst defense in the NFL last year and the Redskins were the 4th or something, fine, whatever, I won't quibble that. I'm just saying, our D was really bad and wasn't substantially better than anyone's.

Also, since you mentioned 3rd down defense specifically, I just want to point out, you guys ranked 9th there this year. We were 23rd. People just don't realize how bad our D was this year because we still had some of the big names that made us elite a few years ago.

8 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

We had similar epic failures against the Jets, Raiders, and Cowboys. The D did all they could to blow it against Houston. Our rushing D against Tennessee was the primary reason we bowed out of the playoffs so quickly.

I'm open to the possibility that the Redskins defense was worse last year. But if so, it wasn't by much. KC's D was one of the worst in the league last year. That I know confidently. That alone means it wasn't light years ahead of any other defense. It wasn't a defense that Kirk Cousins would've taken to the AFC Championship. And when I see posts talking about how great Derrick Johnson is, for instance, I know people are just behind on the play of our defense. Those are the claims I'm arguing against. If you want to say something like the Chiefs were the 6th worst defense in the NFL last year and the Redskins were the 4th or something, fine, whatever, I won't quibble that. I'm just saying, our D was really bad and wasn't substantially better than anyone's.

Also, since you mentioned 3rd down defense specifically, I just want to point out, you guys ranked 9th there this year. We were 23rd. People just don't realize how bad our D was this year because we still had some of the big names that made us elite a few years ago.

It's pointlsss dude people will make excuses for cousins being great than trash smith .

smith isn't elite but he's been clutch .

Im a raider fan living in va. Ive seen plenty of kc and redskins. Anybody arguing that cousins was in a better,  equal or close to equal as Alex Smith is insane. You could argue the defenses was similar but with the injuries to oline, no run game, and literally the bottom 5 wr crew cousins had last year, it ain't close. 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Easily. Have you seen hill and Kelece play. Better yet have you seen what Andy Reid does for qbs. 

Cousins wouldn't have throw 27 touchdowns he checked down a lot and Thompson racked up yards . Infact Thompson was our leading receiver for a while until he got injured .

god bless Kirk but let's not overrate what he is . He's a top 15 qb not top 5.

Just now, Dashing202 said:

Cousins wouldn't have throw 27 touchdowns he checked down a lot and Thompson racked up yards . Infact Thompson was our leading receiver for a while until he got injured .

god bless Kirk but let's not overrate what he is . He's a top 15 qb not top 5.

Cause you had nobody else. Pryor sucked. Reed hurt, Crowder dropping or fumbling the ball. For the first 12 or so weeks Thompson and grant was the only 2 dudes cousins trusted. And grant is a 4th wr  at best. 

26 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Obviously the bolded from the last post is true. 

I didn’t say light years, someone else did, I said the Redskins defense was worse. I don’t know by how much, but the 2017 Redskins defense wasn’t that much better than the Redskins 2016 defense after Jon Allen got hurt in the game against the Chiefs.

As for Derrick Johnson, I’m well aware he isn’t the player he once was, he’s become your version of what London Fletcher was the last few years in DC. That said, i watched that same Derrick Johnson get a sack fumble and return it for a TD in the playoff game only to have the play called dead by Jeff Tripplet who stupidly called Mariotta’s forward progress stopped which arguably cost you the game and Tripplet retired the next day.

9 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Wait a second ... if Kirk signs with a team don't we get a third round pick . I'f so the deal was fuller for smith.

i mean I still like fuller tho.

Yes, a 2019 3rd compensatory pick which will be after the other 31 teams pick in round 3, but it is true that we will get a 3rd for losing Kirk  so the deal was Fuller for Smith. I still don’t like the deal, I’d rather have Kirk and Fuller still.

41 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

It's pointlsss dude people will make excuses for cousins being great than trash smith .

smith isn't elite but he's been clutch .

Smith is anything but clutch. He plays for an offensive genius who put him in position to overcome his weaknesses ( throwing anything more than 10 yards) by emphasizing passes to RB and TE and a string running game, great special teams and a strong defense to win games. He’s not the worst QB, but he doesn’t fit Gruden downfield approach at all. I expect this will be at best another 7-9 team that keeps Gruden and Bruce employed year after year 

Smith posted a 50-26 record as a starter since arriving in Kansas City from San Francisco for two second-round picks in 2013. He has made two straight Pro Bowl appearances.

Smith’s contract extension with Washington will be four years for $94 million, with $71 million in guaranteed money, according to a source with knowledge of the deal.

10 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Smith is anything but clutch. He plays for an offensive genius who put him in position to overcome his weaknesses ( throwing anything more than 10 yards) by emphasizing passes to RB and TE and a string running game, great special teams and a strong defense to win games. He’s not the worst QB, but he doesn’t fit Gruden downfield approach at all. I expect this will be at best another 7-9 team that keeps Gruden and Bruce employed year after year 

Wee shall see 

Archived