Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

If I were him, I'd quit!  I think it's probably hasn't been his decision to play Watson.  When either ownership or the front office is telling the head coach who is playing in the game...well, he's no longer the head coach.

His hands were tied when the owner wanted to bring in Watson in the first place...and no matter what anyone tells us, we know it was the owner, because that owner has always done things to shoot the franchise in the foot.  It was never Berry or Stefanski, it was Haslam.  In the end, Haslam might make the Dawg Pound look more fondly upon the memory of Art Modell. 

• Like 1

There is a zero percent chance that the decision to keep playing Watson is Stefanski's decision. Haslam is as bad of an owner as there is in the NFL. It's not going to be long before the rest of the team revolts, if you ask me. I also think the Brown might be selling some surprising names at the trade deadline. They have to rebuild this team from the bottom up. They should be thinking about the 2027 season right now, because they're locked into Watson through 2026. Trade Garrett. Trade anyone they can get anything of significance for and prepare to put a contender on the field in '27. 

Also a zero percent chance of them doing that.

I feel for Cleveland fans.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

There is a zero percent chance that the decision to keep playing Watson is Stefanski's decision. Haslam is as bad of an owner as there is in the NFL. It's not going to be long before the rest of the team revolts, if you ask me. I also think the Brown might be selling some surprising names at the trade deadline. They have to rebuild this team from the bottom up. They should be thinking about the 2027 season right now, because they're locked into Watson through 2026. Trade Garrett. Trade anyone they can get anything of significance for and prepare to put a contender on the field in '27. 

Also a zero percent chance of them doing that.

I feel for Cleveland fans.

My wife was born in Cleveland and she, as well as her whole family, is a big Browns fan.  I feel for the whole city!  

On the other hand, if Nick Chubb becomes available, even as he continues to rehab his knee, I would strongly consider taking a flyer.  A backfield that featured Jones and Chubb?  C'mon!

Andrew Van Ginkel became the 9th player in Vikings history to record two pick 6’s in a single season during the game vs. the Jets, according to The Football Database website. Others that have accomplished this feat include:

Harrison Smith (2012)
Kevin Williams (2007)
Darren Sharper (2005)
Carl Lee (1988)

If he gets one more he would tie Jimmy Hitchcock, who is currently the only player in Vikings history with three INTs returned for TDs (1998) in a single season.

MinnesotaSportsMania.com

6 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Andrew Van Ginkel became the 9th player in Vikings history to record two pick 6’s in a single season during the game vs. the Jets, according to The Football Database website. Others that have accomplished this feat include:

Harrison Smith (2012)
Kevin Williams (2007)
Darren Sharper (2005)
Carl Lee (1988)

If he gets one more he would tie Jimmy Hitchcock, who is currently the only player in Vikings history with three INTs returned for TDs (1998) in a single season.

MinnesotaSportsMania.com

That's the only thing that Hitchcock could do well that season...

18 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Harrison Smith (2012)
Kevin Williams (2007)
Darren Sharper (2005)
Carl Lee (1988)

MinnesotaSportsMania.com

It's a shame Jimmy was such a screw up off the field could've been a nice player. The Podcast Crime in Sports did a great episode on him.

• Like 1