Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

The Black College Football Hall of Fame (BCFHOF) announced its Class of 2018 today. Seven inductees were selected from a list of 25 Finalists who had been determined earlier by the BCFHOF Selection Committee.

The Class of 2018 includes Harold Carmichael (Southern), Raymond Chester (Morgan State), Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson (Langston University), Leo "Lincoln Locomotive" Lewis (Lincoln), Greg Lloyd (Fort Valley State), Everson Walls (Grambling State) as player inductees and Coach Bill Hayes (Winston-Salem State and North Carolina A&T).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000867441/article/black-college-football-hall-of-fame-class-of-2018-unveiled

To be clear, however, this Leo Lewis is not the Leo Lewis that played for the Vikings...but it is his father.  However, they both played for Bud Grant...although this Leo Lewis played for Bud with the Blue Bombers of Winnipeg in the CFL.  

There has to be something with Hodges that fans just haven’t been privy too. To get knocked off of a practice squad for another tight end pretty much signifies the end of the line. Which is just odd for a rookie with Hodges’ physical abilities. 

Edited by SemperFeist

21 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

There has to be something with Hodges that fans just haven’t been privy too. To get knocked off of a practice squad for another tight end pretty much signifies the end of the line. Which is just odd for a rookie with Hodges’ physical abilities. 

Probably because he can't block or play in-line Tight End. He needs to be split out wide to be effective.

Not sure which thread to post this is in, feel this is the best one. This happened a couple minutes ago.

My wife and I are at the Nebraska Husker football game today. Like any other university team, the players and staff walk off the bus, and the fans form a line from the bus and the stadium to meet them. We were standing next to a lady and her kids; my wife talked to the mother a bit. A couple minutes later, they are shouting for their father/husband, “Rick!” to come over. And wouldn’t you know it was Slick Rick! (His son is a really good player for us.)

As a Vikings fan, it was really cool to see him. My wife wanted to talk to him, but I didn’t want to bother him. We stood next to them for a good twenty minutes; other people talked to him/them and knew who he was. He was really down to Earth as was his wife.

• Like 6

The team nominees for the CFL's outstanding player awards, selected by voting members of the Football Reporters of Canada and CFL head coaches, were announced on Wednesday, and the Saskatchewan Roughriders' most colourful but controversial player is the choice for the team's most outstanding player. Receiver-cornerback Duron Carter leads the Roughriders with 1,040 reception yards and eight touchdowns. One of those majors was on an interception return. 

But the son of pro football Hall of Fame receiver Cris Carter has caused some distractions for the organization this year, such as reports of a fight during practice last month. Head coach Chris Jones has suggested in the past it's a challenge to keep Carter mentally in-check, and that he has daily meetings with Carter to make sure they're on the same page.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/carter-cfl-player-awards-1.4383164

daily meetings with the coach to keep Carter in check...? NFL execs must have sensed this or something.

Edited by vike daddy

Coach Pete Carroll pointed to “nasty” weather that may have contributed to Blair Walsh's three misses. Walsh was harder on himself. He said “those kicks were all me” while trying to return to a positive mindset.

Walsh: “I didn’t help my team today, that’s for sure. The thing is, though, is that this is the first time this year where I haven’t really come through, and I’ve got to remember that. As much as it sucks, and as much as I want to be there for my teammates and help us win, I’ve got to remember that I’m capable of doing good things here.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/06/blair-walsh-those-kicks-were-all-me/