Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

6 hours ago, swede700 said:

Not really.  The closest connection they have is Gary Kubiak, who gave LaFleur his first NFL job (offensive assistant in '08)

Given how fast Gary Kubiak bolted, I don’t know if Zimmer would get a positive endorsement. 

On 1/3/2024 at 5:51 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I wonder if Buffalo would want Cook? 

Or Houston if they can get in.

I'd say Tampa Bay but I doubt he'd want to go back to Florida.

does this count as one loss or three against your record of 3000+ predictions?

So I know that playing in a Super Bowl is the dream, but if you're a guy who signs the last week of the season, likely barely plays, and then wins a Super Bowl, does that really scratch that itch? 

It would be like starting the Boston Marathon, getting a ride for 25 miles, running the rest of it and winning. Sure, you crossed the line first, but do you feel like you won?

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I never made a prediction though lol

I wonder ≠ I predict

"I'd say Tampa Bay but I doubt he'd want to go back to Florida."

I'd say = I predict. lol

and btw, why wouldn't he want to go back to Florida? has he said something along that line?

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

"I'd say Tampa Bay but I doubt he'd want to go back to Florida."

I'd say = I predict. lol

and btw, why wouldn't he want to go back to Florida? has he said something along that line?

That's still not a prediction.

I'll look to see if I can find the link, but it's from 2017, Dalvin's rookie season.

5 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

So I know that playing in a Super Bowl is the dream, but if you're a guy who signs the last week of the season, likely barely plays, and then wins a Super Bowl, does that really scratch that itch? 

It would be like starting the Boston Marathon, getting a ride for 25 miles, running the rest of it and winning. Sure, you crossed the line first, but do you feel like you won?

It's a fair question, but I'm sure he'd still show off his ring to friends in 25 years. 

• Like 1

Commanders owner Josh Harris says he’s assembling a team to help him move the franchise in the right direction, including with the hiring of a new head coach after today’s firing of Ron Rivera.

Among the names on that team will be former Vikings GM Rick Spielman and former Golden State Warriors GM Bob Myers.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/commanders-announce-bob-myers-and-rick-spielman-will-advise-team-on-hiring-next-coach

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Laquon Treadwell had a catch yesterday and Jalyn Holmes had a sack.

I'm shocked they are still in the NFL. Yesterday really was like a preseason game haha

Willie Beavers was still in the NFL a season ago and will be playing in the UFL this season.

• Like 2