Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

The stubborn Van Brocklin had a legendary feud with Vikings quarterback Fran Tarkenton, whom he wanted to be more of a pocket passer than a scrambler. Tarkenton balked and demanded a trade, and Van Brocklin’s strained relationship with the quarterback played a role in his Feb. 11, 1967, decision to resign.

“Toward the end, I think my dad was hurt by Francis Tarkenton,” Vanderyt said. “They truly had a clash. It hurt my dad on a personal level. He thought Francis was more interested in himself than the team. … I’m sorry that Tarkenton has held a grudge against my father all these years, but for my father it eventually was history as far as he was concerned.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/02/06/norm-van-brocklins-daughter-looks-back-at-eagles-championship-qb-first-vikings-coach/

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, former Jets assistant Karl Dunbar is “in discussions with the Steelers” to be their defensive line coach. The Steelers have a defensive line coach at the moment, John Mitchell, who also carries the assistant head coach tag. So he’s either about to be doing something else, or they’re going to re-assign him if the report is true.

Dunbar, 50, played three years in the NFL with the Saints and Cardinals. He has coached for the Bears, Vikings, Jets, and Bills.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/08/steelers-talking-to-karl-dunbar-about-line-coach-job/

Running back Adrian Peterson has left Minnesota, but Minnesota hasn’t forgotten about him. In more ways than one. Via the Minneapolis Star Tribune, a Hennepin County judge has ordered Peterson to pay more than $600,000 that he had failed to pay after taking out a $2.4 million loan in 2016.

Peterson borrowed the money from Crown Bank in May 2016, at an annual interest rate of 7.5 percent. Peterson borrowed the money to refinance other debt. He paid $1.9 million, but for some reason he stopped paying. And for some reason Peterson never responded to or otherwise contested the civil lawsuit that Crown Bank filed after he defaulted on the loan.

Peterson must pay $609,786 in both principal and interest, along with $28,868 in legal fees.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/08/judge-orders-adrian-peterson-to-pay-more-than-600000/

are you kidding me? after all the money he has made, he has to borrow money to pay off existing debt?

3 minutes ago, disaacs said:

You're a safer risk.  :D

apparently so. and apparently the bank was correct in assessing he might not pay them back.

and then to further show Peterson's poor money management, he is ordered to pay the entire loan back as arranged (duh, of course) and has to pay a $30,000 charge for the bank's lawyers!

Edited by vike daddy

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:56 AM, disaacs said:

I think a lot of the players that Van Brocklin coached resented him because he couldn't/wouldn't treat them as professionals.  Lombardi was the same kind of hard-nosed, demanding coach...but he treated his players as men and as professionals.

1 minute ago, Virginia Viking said:

I think a lot of the players that Van Brocklin coached resented him because he couldn't/wouldn't treat them as professionals.  Lombardi was the same kind of hard-nosed, demanding coach...but he treated his players as men and as professionals.

Norm VB was a my way or the highway kind of guy. Lombardi was a my way and you'll be a better player kind of guy.