This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

Williams absolutely 100% "totally sucked". Will Levis absolutely 100% "totally sucked" too but his pick 6 was "totally screwing up". That's literally the difference in the game. 🤷‍♂️

Will Levis scored a TD as well. 

And why couldn't the blocked punt TD have been the difference in the game?

Reducing it to one play isn't really intellectually honest.

Objectively, Levis performed better than Williams despite that turnover.

Williams collectively screwed up more than Levis throughout the course of the game. Both were laughably bad, Williams was slightly worse.

6 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Lions gave tryouts to Anders Carlson and Greg Joseph. They signed Joseph to their practice squad.

...why do I get the feeling we'll be picking Anders up in Week 12 or something and it'll be like he never left?

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Bears fans are twisting themselves into pretzels trying to convince themselves Williams throwing for over 300 yards validates him. 

The guy was awful. He got about 150 Drew Brees yards at the end of the game. 

CHI is going to need different coaching and an improved OL.  Williams will be a good player, but I doubt it will be this year.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Sort of like Love would have if he had played as a rookie.

You mean sort of like a lot or quarterbacks who are forced to start when they aren't ready. You know what happens to most of those young QBs who are forced to start when they aren't ready? Bust! 

I'm on record saying it will be hard for the Bears to screw up Williams. That is not stopping them from trying really hard though. 

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Like I said, they need new coaching.  My fear is that next season it will be Ben Johnson running things in CHI.

While I don't want him in Chicago either, a coaching change for Williams is not the best thing either. New playbook and all the things that go with that. 

That is another hallmark of top drafted QB's that bust. Coaching changes after a year. 

14 minutes ago, Eternal said:

Luckily that Bears hate to pay coaches not to coach. He will have a year left, so hopefully they roll it back.

I think CHI will need to match the 7 wins from last season for Eberflus to keep his job.  With the rest of the NFC-N looking stacked, and having to play another 4 vs the NFC-W, that's going to be a challenge for them.  They needed a full implosion from TEN to win that game in week 1.  These next 6 weeks are critical for them, because things could get ugly for them after that.  Their 2nd half schedule is looking brutal: GB, MIN, @DET, @SF, @MIN, DET, SEA, @GB

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

A very CHI thing to do would be to hire Flores away from MIN, and then watch him clash with Williams the way he clashed with Tua in MIA.

I'm going to give Flores the benefit of the doubt here. He was in Miami when they drafted Tua. He wanted somebody else; I think Herbert. Turns out he was not wrong. 

If he goes to Chicago in your scenario; he knows the quarterback is in place and will go, knowing that is the situation. 

Edited by Old Guy