Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

11 hours ago, bruceb said:

So, great yield from the Kluber deal: https://fox8.com/sports/indians-pitcher-emmanuel-clase-to-be-suspended-for-full-season/

I guess giving him a bye for 2021 makes up for it, though.

Well what kind of value does an aging pitcher who has lost his fastball fetch you, especially one who truly relied on that fastball? It’s not like they knew Clase was pissing hot...

48 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Rumors that the Dolans might be in the market to make a move at 12:00pm. There saying anyone on the Indians roster can be traded. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hand was traded down. Talks of a potential fire sale

I’m not sure we can afford Jose’s 7M a year. Might have to move him. 

33 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m not sure we can afford Jose’s 7M a year. Might have to move him. 

Feel like anything that could help them fetch young cheap talent and add in a some what tank, they would do it. If you’re going to tank a season for a top pick, this would be the idea season because your not doing it for 162 games

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

Well what kind of value does an aging pitcher who has lost his fastball fetch you, especially one who truly relied on that fastball? It’s not like they knew Clase was pissing hot...

I know.

Argued to trade him the year before when he had a little more value.

Wish for once (hopefully with Lindor) this FO decide to sell high.

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

I know.

they tried tho from all reports. He was broken then and everyone could tell

15 hours ago, bruceb said:

I know.

Personally I had no issues with what we were asking for Lindor this winter

always Lux or bust for me if we moved him to the Dodgers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zelbell said:

Personally I had no issues with what we were asking for Lindor this winter

always Lux or bust for me if we moved him to the Dodgers

I agree. If I'm moving Lindor this early it's for a top 5-10 prospect, a top 50 prospect, and another good piece. 

On 6/27/2020 at 12:31 PM, freakygeniuskid said:

I agree. If I'm moving Lindor this early it's for a top 5-10 prospect, a top 50 prospect, and another good piece. 

I think you are dreaming.

He didn't command that much when his value was higher.

Why should he now?

32 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I think you are dreaming.

He didn't command that much when his value was higher.

Why should he now?

Cause they know only a handful of teams are going to be able to trade for Lindor. We just need a bidding war

21 hours ago, buno67 said:

Cause they know only a handful of teams are going to be able to trade for Lindor. We just need a bidding war

Not sure I follow that, but if that's the case we better start inciting one now before his value diminishes further.

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Not sure I follow that, but if that's the case we better start inciting one now before his value diminishes further.

Lindor is about to get paid! Only a handful of teams can afford to sign a player like Lindor. So instead of competing say with 10-15 teams for his services, they are only competing with 5. At the time the Redsoxs were dealing with Mookie and so they prolly had no interest in Lindor. So the market was even more in the Dodgers favor. Hopefully now the Redsoxs get involved and can increase the trade value. Those teams can also just sit back and wait for him to hit FA. Let a small market team rent him for a season or half a season and than scoop him up. 

baseball sucks for the small market team to have a top tier player cause it’s nearly impossible to keep those players. Look at the Indians. Couldn’t keep Belle, couldn’t keep Manny, couldn’t keep Thome, couldnt keep CC. Won’t be able to keep Lindor. 

Edited by buno67