Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

6 hours ago, FGK said:

Hmm, not happy about the Yankees getting Benintendi for a bunch of nothing (23-25 year old Single A pitchers). He's not a massive needle mover, but he's really solid.

Agree

He’s the only guy I really wanted.

Maybe Contreras? However, I’ve read the future is Bo Naylor.

12 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Wouldn’t it be wild if the new minority owner (soon to be majority owner) wanted to make a splash and gave the ok to trade for Soto and we got an extension worked out. That would instantly change the perspective of the ownership in everyone’s mind. 

The conspiracy junk I’ve read is that Dolan was secretly pissed Jose accepted the extension he did. He wanted him to decline the offer so he could just trade him off.

34 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The conspiracy junk I’ve read is that Dolan was secretly pissed Jose accepted the extension he did. He wanted him to decline the offer so he could just trade him off.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all. I mean this is the same Dolan that didn’t want to pay lindor the 20M he would have gotten in arbitration 

• Like 2

One thing is crystal clear in my mind. After watching the last four games - I feel like my retinas have been burned.

I know there is the connection to the marathon, but...............

Those Red Sox outfits had to been THE UGLIEST uniforms in the history of baseball. The only reason I don't say they are the ugliest in all of sport ever - is I still remember the gawdawful fuglee Stooler's Bumblebee uniforms....

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all. I mean this is the same Dolan that didn’t want to pay lindor the 20M he would have gotten in arbitration 

Even if we end up trading Jose in a few years, he needs his jersey retired or something. The dude has sacrificed way more than he should have for this franchise.

He also murdered the Rays tonight.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Even if we end up trading Jose in a few years, he needs his jersey retired or something. The dude has sacrificed way more than he should have for this franchise.

He also murdered the Rays tonight.

We have to make a move to get him some help in the lineup. Jose is so damn good. We have a top 2 manager in baseball and a top 10 player overall. We need more help offensively. Would love to get another bat, another starter and another bullpen arm. 

Finally Bieber had a good outing. He is quite possibly the most overrated pitcher in the league. 

48 minutes ago, mchjstnk said:

We have to make a move to get him some help in the lineup. Jose is so damn good. We have a top 2 manager in baseball and a top 10 player overall. We need more help offensively. Would love to get another bat, another starter and another bullpen arm. 

Finally Bieber had a good outing. He is quite possibly the most overrated pitcher in the league. 

I’m not sure for how long. It seems like every year he had health issues. I wouldn’t be surprised if he retired soon. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Any of these names you guys want to call up?

George Valera, OF

Daniel Espino, SP

Brayan Rocchio, SS

Gavin Williams, SP

Tanner Bibee, SP

All these guys are in Akron so you have to get them to Columbus first.  There are numerous guys in Columbus that should be up.  If the Guardians aren't going to make any trades to improve the team, then lets at least call up guys from Columbus to give them some experience for next year.  

They finally called up Will Benson which was well deserved.  They should call up Tyler Freeman, Bo Naylor, Peyton Battenfield and Will Brennan.  Get those other guys up to Columbus and have them play the rest of year in Columbus and be ready for spring training with the big league club.  The fact that we are 1 game out of the division and 1.5 out of wild card and it doesn't seem like they will do anything to improve the club is disheartening.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

man.. idk how I feel about this one. If we had no intentions of resigning him I get it. But if the new owner would have done it but the front office was just not happy with the prospect they’d have to give up then I’d be pretty upset. 

Espino is going to be a monster. We have a tremendous farm system and he’s the top guy. The front office knows they won’t resign Soto. Just read Espinos scouting report:

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/guardians/

Last nights game was fun.

Edited by candyman93