Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

27 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If Donavan Mitchell is really available we need to be aggressive in getting him. I don’t care if he and garland are a bad defensive match together it would still work. That’s why we have Mobley and Allen. Their length and defensive ability can do what Rudy was able to do for Mitchell on Utah. Mitchell has carried the offensive load for a western conference team who made the playoffs all 5 years he’s been in the league. You get a player like that if you can. 

Booooo! Get this basketball talk out of my mediocre baseball team thread.

On 7/13/2022 at 9:10 PM, candyman93 said:

I’m curious what position Cleveland targets in the draft. We pick 16th.

I read somewhere that Cleveland has like 8 of the top 100 prospects in the league. Very excited for this future and Jones looks to be the guy everyone was so excited about 1-2 years ago. Weird part is they are all either Pitchers or middle infielders. If just 2 of those 8 guys pan out, Cleveland is setup for another one of those 7-8 year runs.

12 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I read somewhere that Cleveland has like 8 of the top 100 prospects in the league. Very excited for this future and Jones looks to be the guy everyone was so excited about 1-2 years ago. Weird part is they are all either Pitchers or middle infielders. If just 2 of those 8 guys pan out, Cleveland is setup for another one of those 7-8 year runs.

We’re in a fortunate spot as a franchise with Ramirez being locked up.

We don’t need to panic and sell off. The only guy that might even be slightly considered in trade rumors is Bieber. However, that’s not until next year.

Even if we trade Bieber, I still trust this franchises ability to find and develop pitchers. It’s just a down year for our starters so far.

Edited by candyman93

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This front office is God tier at getting value out of a trade. There’s a LOT of franchises who get crippled after losing a superstar.

We get Gimenez and Clase.

Kluber ---> Clase

Lindor ---> Gimenez, Rosario

Bauer ---> Reyes

Clevenger ---> Naylor, Quantrill, Hedges, Miller + our #4 ranked prospect Arias.

Sort of shocking that of all those guys, Clevenger netted us the most. Gimenez has turned out to be a stud, but I still thought we should have gotten more for him from the Mets.

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

So on paper this “looks” like the worst trade because of Franmil struggling.

…..but then Bauer gets suspended for 2 seasons and we look like bandits.

Meh, Reyes is your typical power hitter. He will be great 30 games and then slump for 20. Edwin Encarnacion was the same way when he played for us. It takes a special hitter to not go in and out of slumps during a 162 game season.

However, when he is 'on', Reyes is a absolute game changer. What is wild is that he has been with the team since 2019. I feel like we just got him last season lol

Edited by AkronsWitness