Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I rememeber CLE taking that into account with the whole Lindor signing. They were torn on the contract details because they saw how much it crippled DET.

That contract hurt them bad, but they also can’t develop guys worth a crap and that combination killed them.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

That contract hurt them bad, but they also can’t develop guys worth a crap and that combination killed them.

I’m surprised lindor has been this disappointing for them. Usually it’s the 30 year olds who get the long big money deals and suck but lindor was in his mid 20s. Must be a mental thing with all that money and expectations. Especially in New York. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m surprised lindor has been this disappointing for them. Usually it’s the 30 year olds who get the long big money deals and suck but lindor was in his mid 20s. Must be a mental thing with all that money and expectations. Especially in New York. 

My hope is that one day, athletes will come to the realization that playing in Cleveland isnt so bad and to not take it for granted that they DONT have the pressure of NY or LA.

Like Jose said, I would rather play in Cleveland for 150M than somewhere else for 200M. Put that on the giant LeBron banner building.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Frankie would occasionally show mental lapses in pressure situations during his time here. This is not downplaying his greatness, but we’ve already seen cracks show up for him in New York.

I kinda feel bad for Frankie in a way. He’s going to be boo’d mercilessly in New York for failing to deliver. Then he’s gonna have to ring chase in his mid 30’s with the Yankees or Dodgers.

Jose is the complete opposite. He’s going to have his jersey retired no matter what. The front office will probably try and trade him to a team seriously competing for a title when he’s in his mid 30’s as a thank you.

11 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I will never understand Tito’s obsession with Shaw

He’s the only pitcher we’ve had that gives me a stroke every time he pitches.

There are some members of our fanbase that have a weird obsession with him because he pitches a lot of innings. He’s garbage in those innings so why does it matter…?