Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

On 4/26/2022 at 8:41 PM, candyman93 said:

Does it anger anybody else that 3/4 teams in the playoffs in 2017 cheated EXCEPT Cleveland?

And let's be honest, it's absolutely within reason to believe that the NYY series we "choked" and lost in 2018 had some major cheating involved, not to mention if we'd have won and played the Astros how that whole debacle went down. It's egregious. 

"Why is baseball dying?"

• Like 3

On 4/26/2022 at 8:41 PM, candyman93 said:

Does it anger anybody else that 3/4 teams in the playoffs in 2017 cheated EXCEPT Cleveland?

It was the final straw for me regarding baseball.  I've been a much bigger baseball fan (than football) for over 50 years.  I've not watched a game in over two years.  The fact that the players who cheated weren't kicked out of the game permanently, made a mockery of the game.  I did read that they are banning the shift next year.  Good job baseball.  Reward pi$$ poor hitters like Joey Gallo.  Tony Gwynn must be rolling over in his grave.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

It was the final straw for me regarding baseball.  I've been a much bigger baseball fan (than football) for over 50 years.  I've not watched a game in over two years.  The fact that the players who cheated weren't kicked out of the game permanently, made a mockery of the game.  I did read that they are banning the shift next year.  Good job baseball.  Reward pi$$ poor hitters like Joey Gallo.  Tony Gwynn must be rolling over in his grave.  

Is that a joke?

Jesus I just googled it and you’re serious..  they’re banning the shift.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a sports league do so much to alienate the fanbase.  It’s like they try to goof ish up.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is that a joke?

Jesus I just googled it and you’re serious..  they’re banning the shift.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a sports league do so much to alienate the fanbase.  It’s like they try to goof ish up.

MLB wants more runs.

It’s why there’s such a huge emphasis on “hit a homer or strikeout.”

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

MLB wants more runs.

Runs are exciting, I get it.  So is dropping a nice bunt, a squeeze play, steal attempts, etc.

We’ve moved beyond all that and it’s just whiff or homer at this point and it’s boring af tbh.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Runs are exciting, I get it.  So is dropping a nice bunt, a squeeze play, steal attempts, etc.

We’ve moved beyond all that and it’s just whiff or homer at this point and it’s boring af tbh.

Two AFL games on FS1/FS2 on Saturday morning at 5 a.m.  Set your DVR's!  Just Saying Elliot Barnes-Worrell GIF by Van der Valk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

MLB wants more runs.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Here's a thought:

If fans want more runs, why put humidors in every ball park to deaden the ball? Just to speed up games?

"Why is baseball dying?????"

...ignores every metric from the 90s to early 2000s...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Clutch

dude was a monster last night. If Reyes can get going and you can go Jose, Naylor, and Reyers as the 3/4/5, to go with Straw and Kwan at the 1/2. That could be a darn good 1-5

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

dude was a monster last night. If Reyes can get going and you can go Jose, Naylor, and Reyers as the 3/4/5, to go with Straw and Kwan at the 1/2. That could be a darn good 1-5

Owen Miller has been fantastic too

Our biggest disappointment has got to be pitching imo

23 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Owen Miller has been fantastic too

Our biggest disappointment has got to be pitching imo

yeah pitching has been a disappointment but it was also some what of a disappointment last years. Right now we have the 23rd best team ERA in the league and last year we had the 18th.  Still surprised we are 4th overall in runs per game. didnt think the offense would be this good so early on. Big improvement from last year, where we were 17th in producing runs. changing the hitting coach has been huge. Cant blame the pitching coach cause Willis has been with the team since '18 and they had some great staffs before this year and last year. I wonder if it was because of the sticky stuff that they are struggling

• Like 2

On 5/11/2022 at 2:04 PM, buno67 said:

yeah pitching has been a disappointment but it was also some what of a disappointment last years. Right now we have the 23rd best team ERA in the league and last year we had the 18th.  Still surprised we are 4th overall in runs per game. didnt think the offense would be this good so early on. Big improvement from last year, where we were 17th in producing runs. changing the hitting coach has been huge. Cant blame the pitching coach cause Willis has been with the team since '18 and they had some great staffs before this year and last year. I wonder if it was because of the sticky stuff that they are struggling

It seems like a strong possibility that we were one of the better teams at deploying the sticky substances. Bieber has clearly been effected by their banning, along with a bunch of other top guys (Cole and Walker come to mind). But our peripheral guys (Civale, Plesac) took pretty big nosedives too.