Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, I don't trust many athletes/celebrities. I do know that he burned down every player bridge he had over PED, so maybe he's just a surly scorched earth persona regardless of his own guilt, but whether people agree with him or not, he seems fairly rooted in his beliefs, so that would surprise (albeit not shock) me.

I mean, it’s all a moot point imo as he was a good enough pitcher to warrant being in the HOF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Idk maybe. He just never looked like a steroid user to me. He didn’t have the giant head or massive McGwire forearms. He always looked like someone’s chubby dad. 

The giant head is typically from HGH, usually in high doses for extended periods of time.

Muscle size is based on cycle of choice and training regimen.

Not all PED users wanted to get jacked.  Many dudes used them to help recover from minor injuries, maintain their peak over a long season, etc.

If you’re not going apesht in the gym and taking moderated doses, you’re not necessarily going to look like the stereotypical user.

This regimen is how so many of those dudes managed to play at such a high level into their late 30’s when dudes who don’t take gear typically start to decline and have more injury issues.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The giant head is typically from HGH, usually in high doses for extended periods of time.

Muscle size is based on cycle of choice and training regimen.

Not all PED users wanted to get jacked.  Many dudes used them to help recover from minor injuries, maintain their peak over a long season, etc.

If you’re not going apesht in the gym and taking moderated doses, you’re not necessarily going to look like the stereotypical user.

This regimen is how so many of those dudes managed to play at such a high level into their late 30’s when dudes who don’t take gear typically start to decline and have more injury issues.

Regardless I haven’t seen anything about schilling being connected to PEDs. Every article i can find about why he isn’t in the hof talks about his post career political views. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 12:41 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll be team Joey Belle till I die 

I have a great Albert Belle story

Back in college one of my friends worked at an upscale country club/golf resort during the summer. Anyhow at the sophomore year back to school party he goes 'hey man check this out' and hands me a business card to a random business. I turn it over and it just says 'Albert Belle' and then lists a phone #. 

I'm drunk as hell and 100% didn't believe it and figured it was a random phone number so I called it. No answer/machine. I handed the card to a fried and he called it too. No answer. 

Proceed to get plastered drunk and pass out. Wake up at 5AM to my phone ringing, forgetting I dialed AB earlier in the night. Answer the phone in a haze to hear:

"WAKE UP MOTHER ****er.  YOU WAKE ME UP I WAKE YOU UP. YOU ****ED WITH THE WRONG GUY"

He proceeds to yell at me for about a minute. He does the same thing to my other friend who called him. 

The next 4-5  days in a row I would get wakeup calls at 3, 4, 5AM from Mr. Belle screaming at me. This went on for a while where I'd get the occasional angry wake up call from him. 

I retaliated by prank calling him on occasion as well. I called him a few days before Christmas pretending to be Mark Shapiro and offering him a contract and told him I would personally inject steroids into his ******* if it meant he could bat cleanup for us. To this he actually cracked up and said 'you Indians are still paying me! I'm good' 

Then Albert Belle told me he would stop calling us if we stopped calling him to which I agreed. Then I wished him and his family a merry christmas and he did the same. Never heard from him again. 

100/100 Albert Belles reputation precedes him. Was I drunk and immature as a 19YO? Hell yes. Was this the funniest **** ever? Also yes. 

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep, especially in baseball. A 162 game season, while not anywhere close to the traditional "wear and tear" of a sport like basketball or football, takes a massive toll on joints, recovery, fast twitch, soft tissue, etc.

The recovery aspect and maintaining that peak can't be understated here.

Sure, you get your Brady Anderson's of the world, but typically you get more of the "Roger Clemens" effect, where it looked like he was done, then started juicing, and suddenly that peak velocity and endurance was BACK. 

It’s amazing how time has changed. I am a third shifter and sleep during the day. If I don’t wake up to 26 text messages and 4 spam phone calls in a day, I look around wondering what’s wrong. I wouldn’t survive without silent mode on my phone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Back in college one of my friends worked at an upscale country club/golf resort during the summer. Anyhow at the sophomore year back to school party he goes 'hey man check this out' and hands me a business card to a random business. I turn it over and it just says 'Albert Belle' and then lists a phone #. 

I'm drunk as hell and 100% didn't believe it and figured it was a random phone number so I called it. No answer/machine. I handed the card to a fried and he called it too. No answer. 

Proceed to get plastered drunk and pass out. Wake up at 5AM to my phone ringing, forgetting I dialed AB earlier in the night. Answer the phone in a haze to hear:

"WAKE UP MOTHER ****er.  YOU WAKE ME UP I WAKE YOU UP. YOU ****ED WITH THE WRONG GUY"

He proceeds to yell at me for about a minute. He does the same thing to my other friend who called him. 

The next 4-5  days in a row I would get wakeup calls at 3, 4, 5AM from Mr. Belle screaming at me. This went on for a while where I'd get the occasional angry wake up call from him. 

I retaliated by prank calling him on occasion as well. I called him a few days before Christmas pretending to be Mark Shapiro and offering him a contract and told him I would personally inject steroids into his ******* if it meant he could bat cleanup for us. To this he actually cracked up and said 'you Indians are still paying me! I'm good' 

Then Albert Belle told me he would stop calling us if we stopped calling him to which I agreed. Then I wished him and his family a merry christmas and he did the same. Never heard from him again. 

100/100 Albert Belles reputation precedes him. Was I drunk and immature as a 19YO? Hell yes. Was this the funniest **** ever? Also yes. 

It's been a LONG WEEK, and you sir, just made it. THANK YOU!

#ThatIsMyCleanUpHitter

#BrownsForum

@ramssuperbowl99 @beekay414 @hrubes20 @mse326 @flyers0909I thought you baseball guys should read this.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I hereby nominate @roger murdock for story of the year. You guys have 9 months to top that. You've been put on notice.

Hahaha thanks. Our calls with Albert Belle were one of the highlights of my Sophomore year at Ohio State. His public persona is SPOT ON with him reputation. 

I also have Starburys phone # because he put it on twitter when having a mental breakdown and I called him once too. He was funny and we talked for like 20 seconds. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Legit A+ story lol 

• Like 1