Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

Is it just me or is HP umpire Phil Cuzzi the most spiteful umpire we have seen this year?

With CC on the mound - anything in the 212 area code is a strike - while unless Clev put it right down Euclid, it's a ball. And the Yankee hitters know it. They are sitting dead red right down Broadway........

Need a new umpire

18 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Is it just me or is HP umpire Phil Cuzzi the most spiteful umpire we have seen this year?

With CC on the mound - anything in the 212 area code is a strike - while unless Clev put it right down Euclid, it's a ball. And the Yankee hitters know it. They are sitting dead red right down Broadway........

Need a new umpire

Yes, I feel the Tribe pitchers have been getting squeezed by the HP umpires lately. That directly leads to higher pitch counts, and opposing hitters being able to hit the Indians harder because the pitches come in with barbecue sauce on them.

Yesterday was more of the same - however Cuzzi was bad both ways. The real problem was he was consistently inconsistent bad. A pitch a foot outside is a strike in the 3rd inning, then a ball in the seventh. The Yankees were griping as well.

That is breaking the umpire's 11th commandment - "Thou shall be consistent start to finish!" And it is just one more vote for a computerized ball strike system.

15 hours ago, bruceb said:

He needs a rest, for sure, or he won't be worth a lot in the playoffs.

There is no great bullpen at the moment. The idea that Starting pitchers don’t last as long any more because teams feel the need to pull them after once or twice through the line up and go right to the bullpen. Feels like bullpen arms are getting used more and more