Bears hire Brad Childress as consultant

WindyCity

This is a solid, solid hire.

Nagy is green and Childress has, what, 18 years of experience coaching in the NFL?

He was around for all of the Chiefs' turnaround and install from the ground floor -- along with Nagy.

This is terrific.

7 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Not quite sure what he'll actually do here, but feel this is another quality guy to help this staff out.  Very pleased with the staff the Bears have in place.  

Sure seems like the Bears will be really good if Trubisky is... 

I hope that kid spends a ton of time working on his mechanics, he got better as the season progressed but I'm still not in love with his footwork.

Seems like a decent move, though have to wonder why Childress "retired" only a month ago and suddenly came back out to join the Bears staff.

Other than having a good relationship with Nagy, the only other reason I can think of why he'd do this is because he is from the Chicago area and maybe wanted his last job to be with his hometown Bears?

Bears seem to be purging the Chiefs coaching staff, can't wait to see what they do with their pending FA's xD

15 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

He sure doesn't seem like he's lazy.  

I was consdered a Cutler apologist by lots of my friends, but always had the feeling that I would despise him if we were to meet personally. The new guy sure seems like he'd be a solid dude to know.  Odd to actually like a Bears QB.  

My buddy went to high school with him, said he was an awesome dude FWIW.

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Seems like a decent move, though have to wonder why Childress "retired" only a month ago and suddenly came back out to join the Bears staff.

Other than having a good relationship with Nagy, the only other reason I can think of why he'd do this is because he is from the Chicago area and maybe wanted his last job to be with his hometown Bears?

Bears seem to be purging the Chiefs coaching staff, can't wait to see what they do with their pending FA's xD

Dan Pees did the exact same thing...retired from Baltimore than because of how close he is with Vrabel was back days later in Tennessee...for Childress he gets to contribute his experience but doesn't need to be as involved as an out and out coach...it's a nice way to ease towards retirement. 

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Dan Pees did the exact same thing...retired from Baltimore than because of how close he is with Vrabel was back days later in Tennessee...for Childress he gets to contribute his experience but doesn't need to be as involved as an out and out coach...it's a nice way to ease towards retirement. 

Yeah he basically gets a a m-f 8-5 coaching job.  He doesnt have to grind all those extra hours.  Doesnt have to be the guy in the box on gameday (my guess is he is, bc hes so comfortable there). He brings the one thing this offensive staff was missing and thats experience.  As windy said, there are some guys who really know offensive football in the building.  

8 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yeah he basically gets a a m-f 8-5 coaching job.  He doesnt have to grind all those extra hours.  Doesnt have to be the guy in the box on gameday (my guess is he is, bc hes so comfortable there). He brings the one thing this offensive staff was missing and thats experience.  As windy said, there are some guys who really know offensive football in the building.  

250k/year and none of the **** parts of the job.

He will help with game plans, offer opinions, break down tape, on game day he will probably spot from up in the booth.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

250k/year and none of the **** parts of the job.

He will help with game plans, offer opinions, break down tape, on game day he will probably spot from up in the booth.

Plus he’s a guy with HC experience whose ear Nagy can bend while learning the job. Chilly wasn’t a great HC by any means, but I think that that experience will be incredibly valuable for Nagy. 

What I see with this staff is Nagy and Trubisky really being put in a great position for success. Super exciting stuff. Giving me the feel of a when, not if situation. And I’m totally getting ahead of myself but I don’t even care. 

9 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Plus he’s a guy with HC experience whose ear Nagy can bend while learning the job. Chilly wasn’t a great HC by any means, but I think that that experience will be incredibly valuable for Nagy. 

What I see with this staff is Nagy and Trubisky really being put in a great position for success. Super exciting stuff. Giving me the feel of a when, not if situation. And I’m totally getting ahead of myself but I don’t even care. 

I agree! I've never before thought that the Bears are doing everything the right way. 

Archived