Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

12 hours ago, N4L said:

Who is a running back to stash on my bench for later in the year? Someone with upside that could end up as a lead guy somewhere later in the year? Doesn't really need to have a specific role now, purely a stash. 

It's really hard to say without knowing who exactly is on the waiver wire. 

My first thought would be John Kelly, and then maybe someone like Mike Boone. Those are pretty deep stashes though and you're only potentially going to get something through injury. Rod Smith is the back behind Zeke, but again, you're talking strictly injury there. 

If you're talking about someone who could end up a starter through ineffectiveness? I'm not sure. Maybe Hines in Indy, though I wouldn't trust that backfield or the coaching staff to commit to one guy. 

Some big time drops happened today in my money league. 

1. Chargers D 

2. Broncos D 

3. Jack Doyle 

Might try and pick up one of these Defenses. Wish there was a way to pick up both of them, but I have A feeling if I want Them both I’m probably spending around $15-$18 dollars worth of FAAB 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not even sure he'd be active this Sunday. He's ok but I'd be surprised if he's a fantasy factor at any real point this season. I'd roll calloway as well

He’s just a bench guy for me, desperation boom or bust FLEX play depending on if Goodwin plays and if I move on from Peterson.

But is he worth the risk being a Brown? He was a 1st or 2nd round pick without the controversy, correct?

Just now, Tyronnosaurus said:

He’s just a bench guy for me, desperation boom or bust FLEX play depending on if Goodwin plays and if I move on from Peterson.

But is he worth the risk being a Brown? He was a 1st or 2nd round pick without the controversy, correct?

He may have some nice games, too inconsistent for me to ever put into the lineup. But I like him more than I like Matthews by a pretty solid margin since I don't even know what Matthews' role is with the eagles. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He may have some nice games, too inconsistent for me to ever put into the lineup. But I like him more than I like Matthews by a pretty solid margin since I don't even know what Matthews' role is with the eagles. 

I’ll annoy you one more time. Callaway or T. Boyd?

40 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

I’ll annoy you one more time. Callaway or T. Boyd?

If he's just a boom or bust  bench play, I'd probably stick with Calloway. I do like Boyd though. He's only run one fewer route than Green so far this season, so its obvious that they like him in the receiving game, and he's got a strong snap percentage. 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

It's really hard to say without knowing who exactly is on the waiver wire. 

My first thought would be John Kelly, and then maybe someone like Mike Boone. Those are pretty deep stashes though and you're only potentially going to get something through injury. Rod Smith is the back behind Zeke, but again, you're talking strictly injury there. 

If you're talking about someone who could end up a starter through ineffectiveness? I'm not sure. Maybe Hines in Indy, though I wouldn't trust that backfield or the coaching staff to commit to one guy. 

John Kelly and Mike Boone seem like exactly what I am looking for. That's awesome info, I will turn on the tape on both guys. 

Mike Boone probably would make more sense. Cook is already banged up and I don't believe latavious is an every down back. I will need to see them run though

I had Kenneth Dixon as my stash RB and was sad when he injured his knee. Collins is overrated imo and it was only a matter of time before Dix had a healthy share of the work there, even with buck Allen. He may still do that but he's out two months and no one else will pick him up lol 

This is purely a stash in a deep 12 team league that has decent sized rosters. I wish Aaron Jones was still out there, he was someone I was targeting but he got taken on the early side in this league 

Archived