Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

30 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

To add on to this, I just had my 2nd of 6 drafts last night.  This is a 12 team, standard scoring league.  I had the 2nd pick overall. 

QB: Marcus Mariota

RB: Leveon Bell

RB: Isaiah Crowell

WR: Amari Cooper

WR: Allen Robinson

TE: Tyler Eifert

FLEX: Joe Mixon

DST: Patriots

K: Janikowski

Bench:

Stefon Diggs

Tevin Coleman

Chris Hogan

John Brown

Jamaal Williams

Julius Thomas

Chris Carson

So I hated my RBs in the first league, but I hate my WRs in this league.9_9

What do you think?

Love your first team a ton.  The Jones-Dez-Gronk trio is nuts, as is the addition of Brees in a 6-point league.  I have Cook as a low RB1, so I'm more than fine with combining him with guys like Mixon, White, and Riddick and playing them differently depending on matchup.

And in the second league I don't like Diggs, Cooper, or Robinson, so I'm not optimistic about your WRs.  I think Hogan is a nice add though.  

Well, thankfully this is the one league that I don't have any money tied up in - though to be fair, I won this league with Andy Dalton as my starting QB last season...

QB: Sam Bradford

RB: Ty Montgomery

WR: Antonio Brown

WR: Golden Tate

TE: Rob Gronkowski

WR/RB: Kareem Hunt

WR/TE: Brandon Marshall

DEF/ST (pts against, yards against, return yds/TDs): Cinncinati

K: Ryan Succop

DL: Joey Bosa

LB: Deion Jones

DB: Landon Collins

BN: Mark Ingram, Doug Martin, Adam Thielen, Mike Wallace, Alex Smith (yes, this is how thin the QB picking got)

I'm likely going to end up streaming QB's in this league, which isn't terrible tbh (as long as Gronk stays reasonably healthy).  Picking in the 3-hole is terrible in this situation because I had multiple rounds go by where I had a QB teed up to take and someone's autopick snatched him up (easily half the league autodrafted) two or three positions before me.  Matt Franciscovich trusts Bradford more than I do, but his line is improved considerably from last season, he has weapons, and he at least has some very favorable matchups early on in the season until things start to shake out.  On the plus side, of one of the live drafters (don't ask me why), the guy who drafted both Brady and Rodgers also drafted 6 total TE's and has squat for depth behind starters Ameer Abdullah, Danny Woodhead, Jordan Matthews, and Ted Ginn.  So, assuming this guy isn't stoned, there's a decent chance of making a deal for Brady (what do you think ought to be a fair starting offer? - I was figuring to make it after Week 3 when Martin is returning from his suspension).

Due to a crazy draft flow I have very weak RBs.  This a keeper league where corresponding draft picks are given up to keep said player.  The owner of Lesean McCoy offered me Duke Johnson (9th) straight up for Jonathan Williams (11).  I definitely need another RB for starting/flex.  Is this deal worth it?

23 hours ago, SimsZilla said:

Just finished my first draft for the year, my main league 10 team. I picked #1. what do you all think?

QB: Luck (10), Prescott (13)

RB: Johnson (1), Elliot (2) , Hunt (5) , McFadden (7), West (9), 

WR: Hilton (3) , Pryor (4) , Garcon (8),  T .Williams (11), M. Jones (12) 

TE: Reed (6) , Henry (14)

D: KC (15)

K: Crosby (16)

I know my WR's are a liability but I figured I had to snag McFadden since I got Zeke. Was Amazed Reed fell to the 6th Round, I was going to go another WR but the value was too high. I hate drafting backup TE/QB but the injury bug is too scary with them. Also I didnt realize the cowboys play the giants week 1 so i might change my qb

SO to piggy back on this, do i drop henry to get a replacement for dak week 1? like a palmer? and drop dak to get a better d week 1, like pitt

19 hours ago, The LBC said:

Well, thankfully this is the one league that I don't have any money tied up in - though to be fair, I won this league with Andy Dalton as my starting QB last season...

QB: Sam Bradford

RB: Ty Montgomery

WR: Antonio Brown

WR: Golden Tate

TE: Rob Gronkowski

WR/RB: Kareem Hunt

WR/TE: Brandon Marshall

DEF/ST (pts against, yards against, return yds/TDs): Cinncinati

K: Ryan Succop

DL: Joey Bosa

LB: Deion Jones

DB: Landon Collins

BN: Mark Ingram, Doug Martin, Adam Thielen, Mike Wallace, Alex Smith (yes, this is how thin the QB picking got)

I'm likely going to end up streaming QB's in this league, which isn't terrible tbh (as long as Gronk stays reasonably healthy).  Picking in the 3-hole is terrible in this situation because I had multiple rounds go by where I had a QB teed up to take and someone's autopick snatched him up (easily half the league autodrafted) two or three positions before me.  Matt Franciscovich trusts Bradford more than I do, but his line is improved considerably from last season, he has weapons, and he at least has some very favorable matchups early on in the season until things start to shake out.  On the plus side, of one of the live drafters (don't ask me why), the guy who drafted both Brady and Rodgers also drafted 6 total TE's and has squat for depth behind starters Ameer Abdullah, Danny Woodhead, Jordan Matthews, and Ted Ginn.  So, assuming this guy isn't stoned, there's a decent chance of making a deal for Brady (what do you think ought to be a fair starting offer? - I was figuring to make it after Week 3 when Martin is returning from his suspension).

I'm hesitant to deal from your core for Brady.  You can't afford to move receivers with a pretty thin corps, but I think that Martin or Ingram isn't a bad idea.  He may be willing to take pennies on the dollar to add some depth.  

How many teams are in this league?  14 this is good; 12 it's not awful; and 10 it's a little rougher.  I feel you on QB though.  I'm okay with just about anyone.  Cutler and Kizer are my QBs in my main league.  

16 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

Due to a crazy draft flow I have very weak RBs.  This a keeper league where corresponding draft picks are given up to keep said player.  The owner of Lesean McCoy offered me Duke Johnson (9th) straight up for Jonathan Williams (11).  I definitely need another RB for starting/flex.  Is this deal worth it?

Definitely.  Don't roster a handcuff just because.  

12 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

At their current ADP, do you guys think Rishard Matthews and Eric Decker are nice value picks? Last year Matthews finished as WR14 (Standard league) and was one of the more consistent receivers week to week. Who would you rather have? 

Decker is a value pick.  He and Davis run the 2-WR sets, so they're the main targets I'd be looking at.  That caps Matthews's value pretty severely.

3 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Keeper question for you guys. I am in a 10 team league, PPR, and we start 2 Flex in addition to the standard QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Def, K.

I have to choose between OBJ and Gronk. I think the safe play is to go with OBJ because of Gronk's history with injuries. Thoughts?

I would go with OBJ no question.

On 8/27/2017 at 6:48 PM, mattyice0401 said:

Bump

Drafted my 2nd team, 10 man ppr league picked 8th.

QB Brees (5), Dalton(18)

RB McCoy(1), Howard(2), Woodhead(6), AP(7), Henry(10), Conner(15), Cohen(17)

WRs TY(3), Alshon(4), J Mac(8), Decker(9), Thielen(11), White(13) 

TE Ebron(12)

K Tucker

D/ST NYG

Let me know your thoughts on both teams! Maybe any upgrades

Bump

Archived